2. GENERAL PURPOSE: TO INFORM
SPECIFIC PURPOSE: TO INFORM MY AUDIENCE ABOUT THE
NECESSITY OF MAINTAINING A PROPER DIET AND MENTION THE
EFFECTS OF PROPER NUTRITION ON BOTH PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
CENTRAL IDEA: A HEALTHY DIET IS ONE THAT HELPS TO MAINTAIN
OR IMPROVE OVERALL HEALTH. A HEALTHY DIET PROVIDES THE
BODY WITH ALL ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS: CARBOHYDRATES, FATS,
PROTEINS, VITAMINS AND MINERALS. A HEALTHY DIET SUPPORTS
ENERGY NEEDS AND PROVIDES HUMAN NUTRITION WITHOUT
EXPOSURE TO TOXICITY OR WEIGHT GAINS FROM CONSUMING
Eating is considered as one of the most important parts of our everyday
living.The foods we eat are the single source of energy and nutrition.
There are a variety of reasons why a healthy diet is important, including
disease prevention, maintenance of a healthy weight and quality of life.
• To stay healthy and strong, it is very important to have adequate food.
• Not only is the amount of food we eat, but also its quality, as both influence
the proper maintenance of our health.
• Therefore it is necessary to know about the nutrients present in the food
we eat , so that we can choose a healthy dish or menu .
4. WHAT ARE EATING HABITS?
• Can be defined as the habits
acquired during life that influence
• Eating a balanced, varied and
sufficient diet accompanied by
physical exercise is perfect to be
• A varied diet should include foods
from all food groups in sufficient
quantities to meet our energy and
5. • A healthy diet provides the body with essential nutrition: fluid,
adequate essential amino acids from protein , essential fatty
acids, vitamins, minerals, and adequate calories .
• The requirements for a healthy diet can be met from a variety of
plant-based and animal-based foods. A healthy diet supports energy
needs and provides for human nutrition without exposure
to toxicity or excessive weight gain from consuming excessive
amounts.Where lack of calories is not an issue, a properly balanced
diet (in addition to exercise) is also thought to be important for
lowering health risks.
6. FOOD PYRAMID
A food pyramid or diet
pyramid is a pyramid-shaped
diagram representing the
optimal number of servings to be
eaten each day from each of the
basic food groups .
The Healthy Eating Pyramid is a
simple visual guide to the types
and proportion of foods that we
should eat everyday for good
7. MEDITERRANEAN DIET
The Mediterranean Diet is based on
the consumption of olive oil, bread,
fruits, nuts, vegetables, legumes,
fish, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and rice.
This diet is associated with an active
lifestyle and healthy life .
8. WHY IS WATER IMPORTANT IN A
• Water is the main component of the human body, accounting for
between 50-70% of body weight.
• An adequate hydration is essential if we are to maintain physical and
• The human body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help
regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions.
Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and
digestion, it's important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating
foods that contain water.
9. HEALTHY TIPS
• Choose a varied diet, this ensures consumption of all nutrients
required for maintenance your health.
• Eat everyday foods from all groups, to ensure a varied and healthy
• Include in your diet five servings of fruits and vegetables to ensure
• Respect your mealtimes; recall that at least to do three meals a day,
but ideally are five meals .
• Reduce intake of saturated fats and avoid fast foods .
• Monitor your body weight.
• Avoid sugary drinks.
• Do exercise every day.