3. That was a bit too fast for my taste. On top of that, it was made for PowerPoint 2000 and we have PowerPoint XP. There are a few things we need to change to make this embed video to work. Here’s step by step, corrected for XP, breakdown of the video.
4. 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click More Control in Control Toolbox. 3. Scroll down to find “Shockwave Flash Object” and click it.
5. 4. Make a box of your desired size for the video. 5. Right click inside of the box to bring up dropdown window and click on “Properties”
6. 6. With the property box on the side, go to YouTube and get your url – website address for your YouTube video. This is where you get the url - The website address
7. 7. Copy and paste the url to Microsoft Word. 8. Then make a change as directed below. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yzUxNbi1h4 http://youtube.com/v/4yzUxNbi1h4 Original url Adjusted url Change “watch?v=“ To “ v/”
8. 9. Copy the adjusted url to Movie field in the properties box 10. Double click “EmbedMovie” to set “False” 11. Double click “Playing” to set “False” 12. Close the properties box
9. 13. Save your powerpoint and now you can view the YouTube video by click on the play button.