3. Lines - Why?
● Lines can be used to divide space and direct the viewers eyes.
● Lines can be used to separate content.
● Lines direct the flow of content.
● Can be used to create emphasis on a specific area of your work.
● Can be used as an organizational guide, some examples are:
● Wire-framing in web design / Sketching in logo design
● Properly aligning text and images in web design and graphic design
● The grid system
● Horizontal suggests calmness, stability and
● Vertical gives a feeling of balance, formality and
● Oblique suggests movement and action
● Colour is the visual perceptual property
corresponding in humans to the categories
called red, blue, yellow, etc. [Wikipedia]
● The 3 main characteristics:
● Hue = Colour's wavelength
● Saturation (or Chroma) = How Sharp or dull a
● Brightness (or Value) = is the shade (darkness) or
tint (lightness) of a colour