4. • Meant for Small Savers primarily.
• Restrictions on withdrawals.
• Minimum balance Rs 500- Rs 1000 – this varies with
different banks; Rs 10000 for ICICI, HDFC Etc..
• Interest at 4% p.a up-to Rs.1,00,000
• No overdraft facility. It can be sanctioned though.
• ATM cards available, net banking and mobile banking
• Cheques collected on this account.
5. • Nomination facility available.
• Letter of introduction required to open an account.
• Fulfilling of KYC norms.
• SB facility available with Post Office.
• Account can be closed after one year. Incase of
early closure, a service charge of Rs. 100 will be
7. • An account generally opened by business people for
• Money can be withdrawn and deposited at any time.
• Withdrawal is possible only by means of cheques.
• Banker generally does not allow any interest on this account.
• Two basic privileges which customers can enjoy are :
- Overdraft facility.
- Other facilities like collection of cheques, transfer of money
and rendering agency and general utility services.
8. • Banker charges interest on overdraft on day-to – day basis.
• Current account holders must keep a minimum balance of Rs.
5000/1000- to keep the account running(varies according to
• If this minimum is not maintained, charges would be charged
periodically (varies according to Banks)
• Bank sends “Statement of Account” to customers every
• As deposits here are to be paid on demand, the banker should
keep a minimum cash reserve.
10. • One form of time deposits to encourage monthly savings.
• Depositors save and deposit regularly every month so that
they are assured a sizeable amount at a later period in order to
meet contingent expenses.
• Very popular type of account among all classes of people,
especially salaried class .
• Deposit works on the maxim „little drops of water make a big
• Any person can open this account/ can have more than one
account at a time/ can be opened in joint names as well.
11. • Maybe opened for monthly instalments in sums of Rs.100/- or
in multiples of Rs.100. The number of monthly instalments
may vary from 12 -120 months. Total amount is repayable
with interest with quarterly compounding.
• Recurring deposit holder can get a loan on the security of a
recurring deposit. Banker may grant 75% of the total amount
paid as loan and interest of 1% over the recurring deposit is
• Accounts are transferable from one branch to another.
• Rate of interest is similar to that of FD but it is compounded