JOHN PRAVIN MOTHA
Flat no G3
cross, Chikka Banaswadi,
Mob: 99860 33514
I desire to contribute both individually and as a team leader through my expertise
in channel management.
Course College University Class
Full time MBA
Thiagarajar School of
St Joseph’s College,
Brief career profile
Employed with Gunnebo India private limited as ‘Manager–Retail-South’
for the B2C product line.
Employed with Godrej and Boyce Mfg. Cos.Ltd, Bangalore –Interio
division as ‘Sales Manager-Karnataka’ for Sleep Comfort Business
(Mattress) from November 2007 to June 2014.
Worked as Sales Manager with ICICI Bank Ltd for the Smart Business
Loan-Small Enterprises Group division from September 2006 to November
Worked for ‘Asian Paints Ltd’, Bangalore as a ‘senior territory sale in
charge’ from January 2003 till September 2006.
Worked as a ‘Sales officer, with The Hindu in Andhra Pradesh handling
four districts - (Campus placement)
Awarded the Roll of Honour at the divisional level (Karnataka, Andhra
Pradesh and Kerala) whilst working with Asian Paints Ltd. for FY 03-04.
Secured the “Regional T.S.I of the year award” for FY 04-05 whilst in
Asian Paint Ltd.
Appraised “MET EXPECTATIONS” during 11-12 and 13-14.
Recommenced to HO and implemented differential trade margin for
different product category.
Developed the concept of Chain stores and shop in shop.
Handled PAN India Modern trade accounts like Lifestyle Home Centre,
Total Mall and other key accounts.
Highest bulk order secured in country 1500 nos supplied from November
2013-February 2014.Also bagged continuous supply order from IIM-
Channel penetration and width development in the south zone (4 states)
for a high end premium category Chubbsafes brand of physical security
devices (safes and locker).Key is to appoint RTG Master Distributors for a
To ensure that activated distributors are able to get depth in the desired
To develop marketing strategies for the influencer group of architects and
To ensure team is actively engaging with the retailers for secondary sales.
To study competitors strategies, payment policies, price points and
develop an effective counter strategy through support of H.O.
To recommend ATL activities and also implement BTL activities from time
To identify opportunities with corporate dealers and Modern trade.
3. Routine activity related to payment, reporting maintain trade hygiene.
1. Able to work practically, hands on, independently and diligently in the market. I
am practical and always improvising- and coming up with alternatives.
2. High Level of success in new dealer appointments with focus on long term
3. Ensuring scheme success and participation amongst dealers.
4. Branding and ATL/BTL ideation and implementation.
5. Excellent rapport with channel so as to provide superior service to all retailers.
6. Strong in tracking competitor information.
7. Good oral & written communication skills.
Previous work summary
Godrej and Boyce-Interio Division-Sales Manager-Karnataka (November
2007 to June 2014)
1. To own the channel sales development process through continuous retailer
2. To own and be individually accountable for the marketing/branding and BTL
activity and formulating implement able plans.
3. To individually own the width and depth expansion plans for the channel.
4. To study the market and report competitor information relating to new product /
pricing/trade margins and schemes.
5. To support customer service, commercial and logistical teams and ensure
ICICI BANK-Bangalore local
To manage a team to market unsecured business loans (working capital loans)
to small & medium enterprises.
1. To recruit, train & manage a team of 8-10 Business Banking Executives
towards achieving daily/monthly login & approval targets.
2. To source leads for the team to work on productively.
3. To interact with the alternate channels (Direct Selling Agents) and ensuring
productive efforts of their employees.
4. ASIAN PAINTS-Bangalore local
To manage the network of dealers within the assigned territory and to achieve
both value & volume targets.
1. To manage existing dealers and increase market share in the territory
2. To communicate and implement schemes & rebates
3. To appoint new dealers for network expansion
4. To launch new products in the territory
5. To achieve collection targets & credit control
THE HINDU-Upcountry district of Andhra Pradesh
To manage newsagents in the allocated area and to achieve circulation and
1. To manage sales promotion efforts in the assigned area.
2. To increase circulation by penetrating into new areas.
3. To ensure timely collections from the news agencies.
Date of Birth : 30-03-1977
Mother tongue : Tamil
Marital status : Married
Languages known : English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil& Telugu
Current CTC : CTC 8.5 lak.
Expected CTC : 9-10 lak
Preferred Location : Bangalore
Joining period : 15 days-1 month
Total Experience : 13 years
I hereby declare that the above details are true to the best of my knowledge.
Place: Bangalore JOHN PRAVIN MOTHA