2. Lexical syllabus is based on vocabulary and lexical
There are many linguistics issues that can be
applied to the lexical syllabus. For example:
Vocabulary related to topics
Word formation( suffixes, morphemes,)
The similarity or the relationship between lexis and
grammar makes difficult to create lexical syllabus
because the designers may be confused in
selecting an appropriate topic.
3. Students will learn new
vocabulary in order to talk
about different jobs and
different in class activities.
4. 1. Students will be able to participate in class by giving
different responses to the teacher appropriately.
2. Given a set of examples, Students will be able to name
different types of jobs by watching pictures accurately.
3. Students will be able to ask questions to the partners in
order to share their jobs preferences appropriately.
Content: jobs and occupations
5. VOCABULARY RELATED TO TOPICS:
JOBS AND OCCUPATIONS
The teacher will activate student’s background
knowledge of the topic by asking the students
“what is my job?”, “what is your father’s
job? And getting the whole class to participate.
Students will read the information on the
boxes, underlining relevant words.
Ana is a nurse. She Raul is a chef. He
Works in a hospital. She Peter is a police. He Works in a restaurant.
likes to take of babies Works in a police He likes to prepare
station. He likes to delicious plates.
Sylvia is a teacher. She Michael is a mechanic.
Works at the school. John is a pilot. He
Works in a travel He Works in a car
She likes to teach agency. He likes to fix
children. agency. He likes to
fly long distances. cars.
Students will work on a worksheet. They will fill in the black
with the information provided above.
9. Instructions: Fill in the blanks with
the correct information.
Example: Peter is a police. He
works in a police station. He likes
to protect people
10. 1. Ana is a _________. She works in a __________.
She likes to_____________________
2. Raul is a __________. He works in a____________.
He likes to___________________________
3. Michael is a ___________. He works in a
______________. He likes to
4. Sylvia is a ____________. She works in
a___________. She likes
5. John is a __________. He works in a
_________________. He likes
Students are encouraged to work in pairs and
ask questions to each other. Change your
A. What is your occupation?
B. I am a ______________
A. Where do you work?
B. I work in______________
A. What do you like to do?
B. I like to________________