O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Advisory workshop – a monthly workshop to advise the teams on strategy and direction of the company Masterclasses – one-off masterclass on technical / business education such as legal, sales, investments etc. Office hours – technical advice either on a weekly basis or one-off depending on guests Exchange mailing list – help our startups with introductions and provide feedback on products, discussion on articles etc. Muru-D events – become guest speakers or panelists
Matt Barrie – CEO of Freelancer Chris Gabriel – Chairman of Alive, Advisor to Macquarie Group, Angel Investor Phil Morle – Co-founder of Pollenizer, Angel Investor Andrew Birt – Ex-Lifx (backed by Sequoia Cap), CMO CliniCloud Melissa Widner – Partner at Seapoint Ventures Deeps De Silva – Head of APAC Marketing at Dropbox
muru-D Singapore | Mentors, Investors & Partners Info Session
A start-up seed accelerator powered by Telstra.
What is Telstra?
• Telstra is Australia’s leading
telecommunications services provider
• We are valued at c$80Bn, putting us
within the top ten Telco’s globally
What is muru-D?
• muru-D is a start-up accelerator which is
supported by Telstra with branches in
Sydney and Singapore and partnership
with The Icehouse in NZ
• We have been operating since 2013 and
have more than 20 early stage
technology businesses within the alumni
• We have over 100+ mentors who are
serial entrepreneurs, angel investors and
“We strongly believe the
accelerator model is the best
way to help high impact tech
startups mature in the
shortest possible time.
It is strategic that Telstra is
investing valuable corporate
resources to support muru-
D’s expansion, leveraging
business and innovation
Singapore, as it continues
on its journey to become a
truly Smart Nation,”
Dr Alex Lin, Head of Infocomm
Investments1 “muru” is an aboriginal word meaning “road to / journey to...” “D” denotes “digital”
The Accelerator Program
• Applicants apply online
• Up to 10 companies selected
• $40k investment for 6% equity
• 6-month program based in Amoy Street, Singapore
• Superfast internet and partner ‘perks’
• Mentoring and support
• Connections to corporate channel partners
• A guided trip to one of the worlds leading
technology / start-up locations with introductions
and the ability to pitch to global players
muru-D Program Details
We are looking for mentors to help us select the best start-ups!
Program and mentoring begin in September!
Help us review and
provide feedback on
applications as we
The Top 40 startups
are shortlisted for
interviews by the
Celebrate with us and
find out which 10
startups got selected
into the program at
Final Pitch Day!
Come and mentor our
Top 20 startups at the
bootcamp and provide
feedback on their pitches.
Class #1 Scorecard
Our Class #1 Alumni have achieved the below results so far:
$1.7m Total turnover
Class #2 Scorecard
Our recent class #2 alumni graduated last Thursday, their results so far:
6 w/ International
2 Teams closed
Mentoring at muru-D
Why you should mentor?
• Gain insights from being in an innovative ‘melting
• Networking opportunities with serial entrepreneurs,
corporate execs, super angels and VCs
• Better deal flow for mentor-angel investors
What does mentoring involve?
• Advisory Workshops
• Office Hours
• ‘Exchange’ Mailing List
• Muru-D events including exclusive mentor-only
• Ad-hoc coffee catchup
Matt Barrie (Freelancer)
Phil Morle (Pollenizer)
Chris Gabriel (Alive,)
Deeps De Silva (Dropbox)
Andrew Birt (former Lifx)
Perks Program Partnerships
Why you should get involved:
• Our startups use / integrate your products
• Test latest product offering with early adopters
• Get featured on the muru-D perks page
• Get invitations to our “sold-out” events
• Be part of the muru-D and start-up communities
What is expected?
• Free subscription / discounts on products and/or
services (usually 12 months)
• Technical support such as workshops and office
• Requests to participate at start-up events as
• The easiest way is to be part of our mentor network
and get asked to be an advisor by our startups!
• $5k Advisory Investment Program – an initiative
where advisors can invest at the same rate as muru-D
in first 3 months during the program2
• Active angels continue do follow-on funding as they
get to spend 6 months with the founders and watch
• Attend our investor networking events or do office
hours with our startups
• Many of our startups receive funding before demo
night – don’t wait, get in quick and connect with us
• There are also opportunities to invest in our alumni
when they raise future rounds
2 Each muru-D startup is required to have at least one advisor invest at the $5k rate by their mid-point milestone.
Joseph K. Ziegler
Send me a tweet: @jiyosub