• What is SEO ?
• Types of SEO.
• What is SEO Life Cycle?
• Requirement Gathering
• Keyword Research
• On Page Optimization / Ranking Factors
• Off Page Optimization / Ranking Factors
• Strategy Review
4. What is SEO ?
Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website
on organic ("natural" or un-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs), by
incorporating search engine friendly elements into a website.
A successful search engine optimization campaign will have, as part of the
improvements, carefully select, relevant keywords which the on-page
optimization will be designed to make prominent for search engine algorithms.
Search engine optimization is broken down into two basic areas:
5. Types of SEO.
Black Hat SEO White Hat SEO
Techniques used to get higher search
rankings in an unethical manner.
White Hat SEO
Status Disapproved by search engines.
Approved by search
Site is eventually banned, de-indexed or
penalized through lower rankings.
Results last a long time.
Black hat SEO techniques include
keyword stuffing, doorway and cloaked
pages, link farming, hidden texts and
links, blog comment spam.
White hat SEO techniques
include research, analysis,
re- write meta tags to be
more relevant, content
improvement and web
8. Analysis – Requirement Gathering
Requirement Gathering & Research
The planning stage of SEO campaign is the foundation on which your long term
SEO success will depend.
Before you begin your SEO efforts
• Industry & domain knowledge
• Industry trends & statistics
• Legal rule, etc..
Tools Available for First Analysis
No recipe exists for creating a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that will
perfectly suit everyone's business. However, most recipes will feature similar
ingredients. So, take the best elements of the various recipes and come up with the
best plan for your own customers' taste and liking.
• Define Your Target Audience and Their Needs
• Categorized Product / Services
• Finding Gaps and Opportunities
• Define Competitors
• Spying On Your Competitors. (Learn from them, don’t copy them)
• Define SEO Strategy & Recommendations for your industry
• Must-have SEO Recommendations
• Prioritize and Summarize
11. What is Keyword Research?
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword(s) are basic raw material used in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Keyword
selection must be done using Keyword Research where we use special tools to find
out a list of Keywords (search terms) searched by targeted audience, recently.
Keyword Research Process.
1. Identify Targeted Services or Product
2. Do Rough Keyword Research - List 1
3. Check Popularity for keywords using Tools. - List 2
4. Do Competitor Analysis for Keyword Research - List 3
5. List 1 (+/-) List 2 (+/-) List 3 = Finalize the Keywords
12. Type of Keywords
Type of Keywords Competition Traffic Conversion
Single word keyword
Example : Park
High High Low
Multiple word keywords
Example : Water Park
Moderate Moderate Low
Long Tail Keyword
Example : Water Park in Pune
Low Low High
13. Benefits of Keyword Research
Why Keyword Research is important?
Answering this question should be the first step of any effective web marketing effort.
Benefits of Keyword Research
• Keyword Research Uncovers Hidden Opportunities
• Keyword Research Saves Money and Time
• Higher Organic Search Ranking
• Trends are constantly changing
• Higher Return On Investment
Having Wrong Keywords ?
• Lost revenues
• Waste of time & efforts for your SEO campaign
• Meaningless listing
14. Seasonal Keywords
Seasonal keywords appear in search results during certain times of the year and have
low relevance during the rest of the year. Strong seasonal periods are Christmas,
Summer, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Winter, and the 4th of July for example.
For seasonal and locally focused SEO campaigns consider the following tips.
• Plan Ahead
• Understand The Time Window
• Understand The SERPs For Your Keyword
• Create An Editorial Calendar
One thing to keep in mind for your seasonal PPC campaign is that seasonal keywords
ride on trends and thus, should not be included in your regular campaigns.
16. On Page
On Page Optimization in simple terms is basically the effort which you put on the
website and is clearly visible, like:
• Content Optimization
• HTML Code Corrections(Check w3validation) www.validator.w3.org
• Internal Links Flow
• HTML Tagging
• SiteMap Setup (Site map Generator) www.xml.sitemaps.com
• Analytic Setup
• WebMaster Setup
It is very important that On Page Optimization is done correctly for a website as this
educated search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of the website and
which keywords you are targeting to rank on. On Page Optimization is usually done
once on the website however its good practice to change On Page Optimization
after every 3 months to keep the site fresh for Search Engines.
For Details : Refer Chapter No. 4
17. Off Page
Off Page Optimization Is something which is done offsite and usually not visible
on the website however results in pushing the ranking higher on search engines.
• Creation of New Pages
• Search Engine Submission
• Directory Submission
• Social Bookmarking
• Article Creation and Submission
• Press Release Creation and Submission
• Blog Commenting
• Classified Ad Creation and Submission
It is a regular process and must be done ethically for better and long term results
For Details : Refer Chapter No. 5
SEO reporting should be considered an art rather than a science. Monthly SEO
reporting deserves a conversation with your client or boss to help describe the
opportunities for optimization that you see in the metrics.
SEO reporting should answer these questions for your client:
• Are our efforts helping us reach our organic search goals?
• What SEO tasks were completed last month in relation to our goals?
• What impact did these efforts have on the web presence for organic search?
• What new opportunities were identified to optimize for organic search?
• Are there any new competitive threats?
Metrics that demonstrate the impact of your SEO efforts include:
• Organic traffic/visits
• Organic position
• Conversions by Products
• Google Analytics
• WebMaster Tool
19. Strategy Review
With emerging trends and technology in digital marketing industry
moving faster than your busy Twitter feed.
Here are few good reasons why you should rewrite a strategy:
• To test the feasibility of your new tricks and ideas.
• Simplicity will become critical.
• Social customer service is on the rise.
• Small businesses can--and will--become big players.
• Visibility into what you aren’t doing
• Product or Service Changes
• Underperforming things
• New Technology involvement
• Shift in Sales
20. Different SEO Tools
Google Keyword Planner Google Webmaster Tool Woorank DeadlinkCHecker
Ahref.com Backlinkchecker Moonsy.com Majesticseo.com
21. B2/7, New Friends Society,
Vanaz Corner, Kothrud, Pune 411 038
www.optimizedinfotech.com | email@example.com | Call: 08007122500
Enrich... Business & Skills