O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Faststartpage.com is known as a hazardous browser hijacker designed by cyber hackers to make profits from the internet. Once installed, it tampers with your browsers parameters to completely take over your browsers to carry out its malicious activities.
How To Remove
• Faststartpage.com often affects known browser
program like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, and Edge. This adware typically influences
homepage and new tab of targeted internet
application. Thus, if you are seeing Faststartpage.com
on these pages, be conscious on the current security
state of your computer. Adware may be residing on the
system that can bring other harm than altering your
browser’s start-up settings. Faststartpage.com is a
website that utilizes unwanted extension to modify
existing internet browser settings. This action will
permanently hijack homepage to show
Faststartpage.com as the default search engine. In fact,
the adware have already replaced user’s preferences
without their knowledge. It was carried out secretly
right after Faststartpage.com extension gained an
access to computer.
• Most homepage hijackers including Faststartpage.com aspire to
change your default search engine with its own because of its
intention to generate online revenue. It is obvious that search
results generated by Faststartpage.com are surrounded by paid
links, which may generate profit for adware makers when clicked by
visitors. As you can observe, advertisements are made to look like
normal search results so that users may accidentally click on it and
divert their browser to a promotional web page. Because of this
unsolicited browser redirect issue, some users assumed that virus
or malware is present on their computer. Once freeware or
shareware carrying Faststartpage.com is installed, the program will
initiate the loading of adware in the background. It performs
immediate modification on your browser programs like Google
Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Edge. The changes
not only affect homepage and search settings, more perilous are its
ability to track your online browsing activities, records search
inquiries, and logs websites you frequently visit.
• 1. Open Control Panel using instructions below
base on your operating system.
• Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista
and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should
open where you can adjust your computer
• Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 and
• a) For Windows 8 and Windows 10, the easiest
way to locate the Control Panel is through
shortcut key. Actually, this also works for
earlier versions of Windows.
b) Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to
intiate Run dialog box.
• c) Type Control Panel in the Open field and
• 2. When Control Panel window appears, click on
'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
• 3. Your screen now shows a window to uninstall
or change a program. Please select the adware
from the list. You may also try to look and remove
items with the following names: FastStartPage
• If name of adware or relevant entry is not
present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded
programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in
chronological order. Click on 'Installed On' to see
programs recently installed.
• Select the Adware from the list and click on
Uninstall button. See image below for
reference. Removing unfamiliar software may
also help solve the issue.
• 4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm
the uninstall process.
• 5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of
Faststartpage.com or any relevant software.
• Step 3 : Remove the Faststartpage.com
Extensions or Addons from your Browser
• This section will guide you to effectively
remove Faststartpage.com extensions, add-
ons, and unwanted search engine from
Internet browsers. If in case adware name is
not listed, you need to find and remove
relevant objects like FastStartPage.
• Procedures to Remove Faststartpage.com from
• 1. Open Google Chrome.
• 2. In the address bar, type the following and press
Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
• 3. You will now see Google Chrome's Extensions
• 4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension,
unless you have installed other base on your
preferences. Also on this area, you can find the
item provided by Faststartpage.com. Click on
Trash Icon beside the adware extension to
remove it from Google Chrome.
• Restore Google Chrome's Home Page
• 5. Next, you need to reset the default home
page of Google Chrome and remove
Faststartpage.com tab during start-up. To do
this, click on Settings on left side panel.
• 6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select
'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on
Set pages link to open Startup Pages window.
• 7. To remove Faststartpage.com from the list,
simply hover your mouse to the web address
and click X on right most of the entry.
• 8. Type your desired home page address on
the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your
keyboard. Since this is the only URL on your
Startup Page, it will be set as your default
• 9. Click OK to save the settings. Remain on
• Restore Google Chrome's Default Search
• 10. Scroll down to Search area.
• 11. Click on Manage Search Engines... button.
New window will open with list of installed
• 12. Hover your cursor to preferred search
engine and click on Make Default.
• 13. Select unwanted search engine that is
relevant to Faststartpage.com and click on X
mark to delete this item.
• 14. Click Done after removing all suspicious
items. You may now restart Google Chrome.
• For more details