2. • To understand attitude of employees towards training
• To know the effect of training on the employees performance
• To understand the attitude of top level management towards
implementation of training programme
• To know about the effectiveness of training policy towards
the achievement of organization’s objectives and vision.
3. • Training must contribute to increase knowledge of
• Training must help individual to understand his
knowledge & to assess his job
• Training must help to acquire required managerial skills
of employee for further improvement
• Training must help individual to assisting new change
• Training helps to maintain leadership and CRM skills
4. • The Training policy is formulated at the Central Office and the
Central Office reserves the right to make any modification
• Training modules must be designed differently so as to suit
the specific needs of a target group
• Training should include managerial skills & leadership skills
• Training inputs for clerical staff and officers can be conducted
at the Zonal Training Centre, Divisional and Employees
• Whenever an employees is posted to a new department he
must undergo a technical training session to give him required
• That apart each employee must attend at least one training
session each year to update his knowledge.
The training and development programmes adopted by LIC
helping improving employee’s performance and
simultaneously fulfil organization objectives
• Research design- The highly effective research methodology
used can both be Quantitative and Qualitative in employee
• Sample design- convenient sampling
• Sample size- 100
9. 1. 80% emp0loyees feel that training is necessary.
2. 70% employees eagerly participate in Training programmes.
3. 40% employees feel that training programme adopted in LIC is
4. 70% employees feel that top level management play effective
role in Implementing training programmes.
5. 90% employees feel that after undergoing Training
programmes their performance is improved
6. 80% employees feel that these Training programmes give
better opportunity for growth and promotion.
10. 7. 80% employees feel that these Training programmes help to
achieve organization objectives.
8. 70% employees feel that LIC provide training on the basis of
genuine training needs.
9. 70% employees feel that there is appropriate faculty for conduct
training and development Programmes
10. 50% employees feel that employees get an opportunity to try
out whatever they learn in training programmes.
11. 1. There should be more participation from the top level
management in implementation of training and development
2. Awareness and importance of training programmes should be
3. Training and development programmes should be compatible
with private sector programmes.
4. Employees engagement to be strengthened in respect of
training and development programmes.
5. Matching the right competencies and skills with right job.