O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Trends for 2014
Patrick Van Renterghem
The right anytime
Gartner: The Nexus of Forces (2013)
● Social media, also in the Enterprise
● Mobile has won (dixit a smiling Eric Schmidt)
● Cloud before buy before build
● Big data … big insights
● Copernican revolution in management
… But you ain’t see nothing yet ! Think 2020 ...
“We are probably living in the most interesting times
for information technology, as we are in the middle
of a major paradigm shift”
(Peter Hinssen, author of Business/IT Fusion, The New Normal & The Network Always Wins)
The S-Curve, The FlipIT should stop being a butler
Customers' expectations in digital are
changing, and business needs to respond ...
➔ How we use the Internet is changing
➔ Customers no longer just want digital,
they expect it
➔ Business can adjust to current needs ...
➔ ... and is prepared for new ones
(Deloitte study "A wave of digital change", end of 2013)
● Additive Manufacturing Process
● Print toys, bikes, jewelry, houses, furniture, all prototypes,
gifts, prosthetics, clothes, food, organs, blood vessels, …
● Based on 3D models and ecosystems (Thingiverse,
Shapeways, DIY SketchUp, AutoDesk, …)
● 3D modelling will become big business (cfr. WikiHouse)
● In plastic, steel, silver, titanium, ceramics, chocolate, …
● At your home, or in hubs, stores, factories, space, …
● Beware of copyright / liability lawsuits (cfr. @PatrickITlaw)
3D Printing: An Opportunity and Challenge
for Manufacturing & Logistics
See Frederic De Meyer’s Presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/itworks
Wearable computing is part of the The bigger picture
Nest, worth $3.2 billion for
Cisco - IoE
Software Defined Networks
Apple’s iBeacon Technology
Internet of Things + Mobile Payments
iPhone 5s or later, iOS7 or higher, BLE, Estimote
Now with fashionable prescription
frames and shades
What is the USP of Google Glass ?
Using the Name Tag app
Google Glass Workshop & Meetup
(10 maart 2014, 14-18u)
- mogelijkheden van Glass
- ontwerp en ontwikkeling
van Glass apps
- toepassingen in uw business
- hands-on workshop
(10 maart 2014, 19-22u)
- mogelijkheden van Glass
- toepassingen voor intelligent
displays en augmented reality
- voorbeelden van
Why does Google want Robots ?
To do hazardous tasks ? To deliver the mail ? To replace soldiers ? To do domestic tasks ??
Wikipedia: A trend to incorporate technology into data acquisition on
aspects of a person's daily life in terms of inputs (e.g. food consumed,
quality of surrounding air), states/emotions (e.g. mood, arousal, blood
oxygen levels), and performance (mental and physical).
Such self-monitoring and self-sensing, which combines wearable sensors
(EEG, ECG, video, etc.) and wearable computing, is also known as lifelogging.
Other names for using data to improve daily functioning are “self-
tracking”, "auto-analytics", “body hacking” and “self-quantifying”
E.g.: sleep and pee tracking on babies, 23andme, Scanadu Scout, ...
Big Data, NoSQL, NewSQL & Analytics
Seminar on 27th of February 2014 (14-21h)
Presented by Rick van der Lans
Andrew McAfee & Erik Brynjolfsson
● Brilliant technologies,
unprecedented innovations, 3rd
● About the forces driving the
reinvention of our lives and our
● Don’t race against the machine,
race with the machine
Proposes a VACINE for VUCA
Experiment Book is about “Surviving the Flip”
Stanford Prof. Baba Shiva
Advises companies to perform
a "Pre-Mortem" examination.
Do this now, while your company
is still in good shape. Find out
what could kill you in the next 5 years
and take appropriate action
2014: The Year of Personalisation !
● Personalised manfacturing, print your own
● Wearing smart things and lots of sensors
● Store data and apps in the personal cloud
● Quantified self & personalised health
● Learn more at your own leisure via MOOCs
● Personalized radio
● Customer experiences get personal
Source: Your Sensored Life: An Expanded View of Quantified Self (Gartner)
But How ?
● Agile methods
● Crowdsourcing / cocreation
● Multidisciplinary teams, conversation managers
● Service design
● Customer-first, mobile-first, cloud-first
● Think 2020
● Rethink education (soft skills and creativity)