O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• RSG Wiringherlant is located
in Wieringerwerf a village in
the north of Northern Holland
in a rural area situated 60
km from Amsterdam.
• Pupils cycle to school from
• Public school
• Age group: 12-18
• Educational levels: 5 different educational levels
VWO (higher academic, 6 years)
Havo (lower academic, 5 years)
TL (vocational, 4 years)
BB/KB (lower vocational, 4 years)
• 1050 students and 120 teachers
• Rsg Wiringherlant is a European-oriented school
MISSION:Open to yourself, to each
other and the outer world
• Rsg Wiringherlant is a small school, a meeting place where
a safe environment is offered to everyone. Our education
is featured by structure and support with attention for the
development of the individual student.
• Rsg Wiringherlant offers inspiring and groundbreaking
education, in which students are prepared for the next step
in their lives.
• Rsg Wiringherlant ensures that students learn to find their
way in society at a regional, national and international
Strong language education
Exchanges and international projects in class
Making students aware that they are European citizens by
providing them theoretical knowledge on Europe
• Multi-lingual classes (English, French and German)
• Sports classes
• Extra curricular activity programmes
• Homework class
• Oplis school/ Teachers’ training school
• Comenius projects (past)
• Erasmus+ subsidies
• ELOS school (education streching borders) (Elos
• Bilingual school (TTO)
• European Parliament Ambassador school ( Epas
• Student exchange programmes (Italy, Spain, France,UK)
• Etwinning projects
• Elos stands for: Education stretching borders
• It’s an educational concept which seeks to promote the
European and International dimension in education
• It’s about preparing young people for a future in a society in
which European integration and globalization are a reality.
• Exchanges with partner schools.
European Parliament Ambassador
• Junior Ambassadors
STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES
Projects are prepared in class and involve 5 different levels of
The Sea (Chiavari) 4 VWO
Local jobs from the past to the future (Palermo) 3 Havo/Vwo
Local jobs from the past to the future (Mataró) 3 Havo/Vwo
Sport and nature (Tietar, Merida) 2 Vmbo
Etwinning : global awareness and European citizenship
BILINGUAL EDUCATION: TTO
• For havo/vwo (lower academic – and academic) students who
are willing to go the extra mile.
• At least 50 per cent of subjects are taught in English using
• Includes: (English) international projects, extra curricular
projects, collaboration with University of Durham, schooltrip to
the UK in year 3.
• Students speak English in – and outside the classroom. TTO
teacher meetings are also held in English.
• 2016-2017: “The Best of Both Worlds”
National Quality Award 2017
• 2017-2018: “Let’s Catch Up!”
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS E-TWINNING
PROJECT THE NETHERLANDS & SPAIN