2. UNION MINISTER ANURAG SINGH THAKUR
INAUGURATED SPORTS SCIENCE CENTRE AT UDUPI
• Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister for
Youth Affairs and Sports dedicated the
Sports Science Centre at Udupi.
• This Sports Science Centre will bring
together athletes and sports scientists.
• The government has invested 2700 crore
rupees in improving sporting facilities and
3,136 crore rupees for the Khelo India
Games during a five-year period.
3. ANIL KUMAR LAHOTI TO BE APPOINTED AS NEW
CHAIRMAN AND CEO OF RAILWAY BOARD
• Anil Kumar Lahoti has been named the Railway Board's
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman.
• The former General Manager of Central Railway was
appointed as a Member (Infrastructure) of the board a
week ago and will succeed Vinay Kumar Tripathi as
Chairman on January 1, 2023.
• Lahoti was named general manager of Central Railway
in July 2021, having previously held various critical
posts in both zonal railways and the Delhi Railway
4. LIEUTENANT GENERAL ARVIND WALIA TO BE
APPOINTED AS NEXT ENGINEER-IN-CHIEF OF INDIAN
• Lieutenant General Arvind Walia has been
named the Indian Army's new Engineer-in-
• Officials with the Indian Army announced that
he would succeed Lt Gen Harpal Singh, who is
retiring on December 31, 2022.
• Lt Gen Arvind Walia was appointed Chief of
Staff at Headquarters Southern Command in
Pune in August 2021.
5. CEBR PUBLISHED A REPORT ON INDIAN ECONOMY
REACHING 10 TRILLION DOLLARS TILL 2035
• According to the Centre for Economics and
Business Research (CEBR), a prominent London-
based consultancy, India would become the third
economic superpower by 2037 and a $10 trillion
economy by 2035.
• According to the research, which was released on
December 26, 2022, the globe is heading toward
• However, the annual GDP growth rate in India is
predicted to average 6.4% during the following
five years, followed by an average of 6.5% over
the next nine years.