2. 21ST EDITION OF NAVAL EXERCISE, VARUNA
STARTS BETWEEN INDIA AND FRANCE
• On January 16, 2023, the 21st edition of the
Bilateral Naval Exercise VARUNA between
India and France began on the Western
• The drill, which will go through January
2023, will include advanced air defense
exercises, tactical manoeuvres, surface
firings, underway replenishment, and other
• According to a statement from the Ministry
of Defence, this exercise allows participants
to learn from one another's best practices.
3. VIDISHA TO BE FIRST DISTRICT FOR DEPLOYMENT OF
INNOVATIVE 5G USE CASES
• Vidisha, an aspirational district in Madhya
Pradesh, is the first district in India to adopt
innovative 5G use cases supplied by
entrepreneurs on the ground.
• It is a collaborative effort between the Vidisha
District Administration and the Centre for
Development of Telematics (C-DOT) of the
Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
• DoT is leading the '5G use case promotional pilot'
in Vidisha for deploying 5G/4G/IoT innovative
solutions for startups and SMEs.
4. SRI LANKA TO INTRODUCE ITS STAMP WITH JAWAHARLAL NEHRU’S
PORTRAIT ON ITS 75TH INDEPENDENCE DAY
• Sri Lanka's government is preparing to issue stamps
commemorating the country's 75th anniversary of
• According to the Sri Lankan President's Media Division,
the commemorative stamp would feature a portrait of
India's first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
• The country, which is in the grip of a financial crisis, will
commemorate its 75th anniversary of independence
on February 4, 2023.
• The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
announced on January 17, 2023, that Viacom 18
had secured the media rights for the next
Women's IPL for a staggering Rs 951 crore over
a five-year period.
• The cricket body held an auction for the T20
League in Mumbai.
• In March 2023, the Indian cricket board is set to
begin its ambitious franchise-based T20
competition for women players, similar to the
Indian Premier League.
Viacom 18 bagged Women’s IPL media rights
6. PM MODI INAUGURATES 2ND PHASE OF SAANSAD
KHEL MAHAKUMBH IN BASTI, UTTAR PRADESH
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the
second phase of the Saansad Khel Mahakumbh
2022-23 in Basti, Uttar Pradesh through video
conferencing on January 18, 2023.
• Modi stated on the occasion that sports
tournaments should be a continuous process to
improve player training.
• He also said that our society's attitude toward
sports is changing, which has resulted in India's
best-ever performance in the Olympics and
7. PANKAJ KUMAR SINGH, TO BE APPOINTED AS
DEPUTY NSA OF INDIA
• Pankaj Kumar Singh, a retired director general of
the Border Security Force (BSF), was named
deputy national security adviser on January 16,
• Singh, a 1988-batch IPS officer from the
Rajasthan cadre, has been given a two-year re-
• Singh stepped down as BSF chief on December
31, 2022. When Singh took command of the BSF
on August 31, 2021, he made history as the first
son and father to hold the top post in a
paramilitary force during their careers.
8. FIRST G20 HEALTH WORKING GROUP UNDER
INDIA’S G20 PRESIDENCY BEGINS IN
• The first meeting of the G20 Health
Working Group under India's G20
presidency began in Thiruvananthapuram,
• Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of
State for Health and Family Welfare,
launched the three-day event.
• She stated on the occasion that pandemic
policy must be a defining part of our health
policy because any health crisis today leads
to an economic crisis due to the
interconnected nature of the world.
9. SIBI GEORGE HAS BEEN CONCURRENTLY
ACCREDITED AS NEXT AMBASSADOR TO
• Sibi George (IFS: 1993), the current Indian
Ambassador to Japan, has been concurrently
accredited as the next Indian Ambassador to the
Republic of the Marshall Islands, with residence in
• He is expected to begin the assignment soon.
10. KRISHNA VAVILALA: INDIAN-AMERICAN AWARDED
WITH MLK GRAND PARADE SPECIAL AWARD
• As the United States commemorated the legacy
of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.,
Indian-American Krishna Vavilala received the
MLK Grande Parade Special Award for his
contributions to connecting the Indian diaspora
with mainstream America.
• Vavilala, 86, a longtime Houston resident and the
founder and chairman of the Foundation of India
Studies (FIS), has previously led several MLK
• He also dressed as Mahatma Gandhi with the
sole purpose of bringing the Indian community
closer to the Black community, based on
nonviolent principles that both Gandhi and MLK
Jr. had followed.
11. 3RD MEETING OF STEERING COMMITTEE OF THE
KEN-BETWA LINK PROJECT HELD IN NEW DELHI
• On January 18, 2023, the Ken-Betwa Link
Project's Steering Committee met for the
third time in New Delhi.
• Speaking on occasion, Pankaj Kumar,
Secretary, of the Department of Water
Resources, emphasized the importance of
the Ken-Betwa connection project for the
region's water security and socioeconomic
• He stated that it is a showpiece project of
both the Centre and the State and that both
are responsible for completing it on
12. • In Gadag, Karnataka, ReNew Power erected
India's first 3x platform wind turbine
• The new wind turbine generators will be
used in the country's first "Round the Clock"
renewable energy project, which will
combine wind, solar, and battery energy
storage technology (BESS).
• This project will generate enough energy to
power over 1 million Indian households
India’s first 3x platform wind turbine generators
(WTG) installed in Karnataka
13. JACINDA ARDERN, PRIME MINISTER OF NEW
ZEALAND GAVE HER RESIGNATION
• New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern made
a shocking announcement saying that she will
resign from her position.
• The 42-year-old Ardern claimed she no longer had
"enough in the tank" after leading the country
through the pandemic, the Covid outbreak, and its
worst-ever terror incident.
• Ardern became the world's second prime minister
to give birth while in office, following Pakistan's
Benazir Bhutto in 1990.
14. SHUBMAN GILL, YOUNGEST BATSMAN TO HIT
DOUBLE CENTURIES IN ONE-DAY INTERNATIONAL
• Shubman Gill joined the prestigious list on
January 18, 2023, becoming the fifth Indian
batsman to score 200 in the 50-over format,
only one month after Ishan Kishan hammered a
double century in an ODI.
• He cleared the ropes nine times in total and
finished with 208 off just 149 deliveries.
• Shubman is also the youngest batsman to
achieve the milestone.
15. BADARA ALIEU JOOF, VICE-PRESIDENT OF GAMBIA
COUNTRY DIED IN INDIA
• President Adama Barrow said on January
18, 2023, that Gambia's Vice-President
Badara Alieu Joof died of sickness in
• In 2022, Joof, 65, was chosen vice
president of the West African country. He
was once the education minister.
• The vice president departed Gambia for
medical treatment around three weeks
16. DR. SANDUK RUIT WON BAHRAIN’S ISA
AWARD FOR SERVICE TO HUMANITY
• Dr. Sanduk Ruit, the co-founder of the
Himalayan Cataract Project, has received the
ISA Award for Service to Humanity, Bahrain's
highest civilian honor.
• The award includes a monetary reward of
one million dollars, a certificate of distinction,
and a gold medal.
• Dr. Ruit is a trailblazer in providing high-
quality microsurgical operations in distant
eye camps. He made modern eye care
inexpensive and accessible to Asian, African,
and Latin American countries.
17. IREDA SIGNED AN MOU WITH MNRE FOR SETTING
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE TARGETS FOR YEAR 2022-23
• The Indian Renewable Energy Development
Agency Ltd (IREDA) has reached an agreement
with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
(MNRE) to define yearly performance targets for
the fiscal year 2022-23.
• The Government of India has set a target of Rs
3,361 crores for Revenue from Operations.
• This is an almost 18% increase over the previous
18. PRAVEEN SHARMA APPOINTED AS DIRECTOR OF
NATIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
• Praveen Sharma (IDSE) has been appointed
as Director of the Ministry of Health and
Family Welfare's National Health Authority
(Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission).
• Praveen is an officer of the Indian Defence
Service of Engineers from the 2005 batch.
• He has been appointed to the post under
the Central Staffing Scheme for a period of
19. MUKESH AMBANI RANKED NUMBER 2 GLOBALLY
ON BRAND GUARDIANSHIP INDEX 2023
• On the Brand Guardianship Index 2023, billionaire
Mukesh Ambani rated first among Indians and second
internationally, surpassing Microsoft's Satya Nadella
and Google's Sundar Pichai.
• Jensen Huang, CEO of Nvidia, topped the global list.
• The Brand Guardianship Index, developed by Brand
Finance, a leading worldwide independent brand
consultant, is a global acknowledgment of CEOs who
are creating long-term company value by balancing
the requirements of all stakeholders – employees,
investors, and society.
20. RAILTEL TO LAUNCH IPTV SERVICES OVER RAILWIRE
• RailTel, a Mini Ratna PSU under the Ministry of
Railways, is launching Internet Protocol Television
(IPTV) services to RailWire users in an effort to give
significant value-added services to its consumers.
• IPTV is a service that uses the Transmission Control
Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite to
broadcast television shows and other visual
21. BUSINESS 20 INCEPTION MEETING TO BE HELD IN
• The Business 20 (B20) inaugural meeting,
which is part of the G20, began on January
23, 2023, in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
• The inaugural meeting is attended by
Union ministers Piyush Goyal and Ashwini
Vaishnaw, Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel,
India's Sherpa for the G20, Amitabh Kant,
Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran, and
a slew of national and international
22. FIFTH KALVARI CLASS SUBMARINE INS VAGIR TO BE
INDUCTED INTO INDIAN NAVY
• The Indian Navy commissioned the fifth Kalvari
class submarine Vagir, on January 23, 2023.
• Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff, was
the Chief Guest during a ceremony conducted at
the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
• Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) of
Mumbai produced the submarine in conjunction
with M/s Naval Group of France. Four Kalvari class
submarines have already been delivered to the
23. VIKRAM DEV DUTT HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS NEW
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF DGCA
• Vikram Dev Dutt, a senior IAS official, has been
appointed as the next Director General of Civil
• The appointment has been approved by the
Cabinet Appointments Committee. He will take
over as DGCA chief on February 28, 2023,
following the retirement of the current DGCA
chief Arun Kumar.
• Dutt, a 1993 batch AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh,
Goa, Mizoram, and Union Territory) IAS officer,
is now the chairman and managing director of
Air India Asset Holding Ltd. (AIAHL).
24. 23 TABLEAUS TO BE REPRESENTED IN 74TH
INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE
• During the Republic Day parade on January
26, 2023, twenty-three tableaux - 17 from
States/Union Territories and six from various
Ministries/Departments - will roll down the
• The tableaus will symbolize the nation's rich
cultural legacy, economic prosperity, and
strong internal and external security.
• The States/UTs tableaux for the Republic Day
parade were chosen on a zonal
25. 21 ISLANDS OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTER PARAMVEER CHAKRA
• To commemorate Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's
birth anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi
named 21 of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands'
biggest nameless islands after 21 Param Vir
Chakra recipients on January 23, 2023.
• During a ceremony in Port Blair, the Prime
Minister revealed a model of the Netaji Subhas
Chandra Bose Memorial, which will be
constructed on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
26. INDIAN ARMY LAUNCHED A JOINT TRAINING
EXERCISE CYCLONE-1 WITH EGYPT
• The first-ever combined exercise between the
Indian Army's special forces and the Egyptian
Army, dubbed "Exercise Cyclone-I," has been
underway at Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, since January
• The exercise intends to strengthen bilateral
defense cooperation by focusing on the
exchange of professional skills and
interoperability of Special Forces in a desert
environment while conducting counter-
terrorism, reconnaissance, raids, and other
27. KUNLAVUT VITIDSARN WON INDIA OPEN 2023 MALE
SINGLES TITLE IN BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIP
• Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand and An Se
Young of South Korea won the India Open
2023 singles championships in New Delhi.
• In men's singles, eighth-seeded Vitidsarn
defeated world number one and top seed
Viktor Axelsen 22-20, 10-21, 21-12.
• In women's singles, second-seeded Young
defeated world number one and top seed
Akane Yamaguchi 15-21, 21-16, 21-12.
28. PRESIDENT DRAUPADI MURMU CONFERS PRADHAN
MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR
• President, Draupadi Murmu conferred this year's
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar to the
awardee children and their parents in New Delhi
on January 24, 2023.
• The prizes were given to 11 youngsters for their
outstanding achievements in six categories: art,
culture, bravery, innovation, social service, and
sports. Six boys and five girls from 11 states and
union territories received awards.
• Each awardee got a medal, a one lakh rupee
cash prize, and a certificate from the President.
29. FIRST MADE IN INDIA MOBILE OPERATING SYSTEM
“BHAROS” SUCCESSFULLY TESTED IN IIT MADRAS
• Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for
Communications, Electronics and Information
Technology, and Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of
Education, successfully tested the 'BharOS,' a Made
in India mobile operating system created by IIT
• JandK Operations Private Limited created the
BharOS, an Android Open Source Project-based
30. INDIA’S FIRST STACK DEVELOPER CONFERENCE TO
BE HELD IN NEW DELHI
• The first India Stack Developer Conference will be
hosted in New Delhi on January 25, 2023. The
conference will focus on strategies and techniques
to increase global acceptance of India's digital
• Over 100 digital leaders from industry,
government, start-ups and unicorns, and
academia will attend the conference.
• G20 delegates and the G20 Secretariat have also
been invited to the Conference.
31. THE ELEPHANT WHISPERERS HAS BEEN
NOMINATED FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT IN
OSCAR AWARDS 2023
• The Oscar nominations were announced on
January 24, 2023, and India received three
nominations for the 95th Academy Awards.
• The Elephant Whisperers, a 41-minute short by
Kartiki Gonsalves, was also nominated for Best
• SS Rajamouli's RRR received only one nomination
in the Best Original Song category for "Naatu
Naatu," despite the fact that it has a big fan base
in the United States. The film did not receive
nominations for Best Picture or Best Director.
• All That Breathes by Shaunak Sen was nominated
for Best Documentary Feature Film.
32. CHRIS HIPKINS SWORN IN AS 41ST PRIME MINISTER
OF NEW ZEALAND
• Chris Hipkins was sworn in as the 41st Prime
Minister of New Zealand in Wellington by the
country's governor-general, Cindy Kiro on January
• Chris Hipkins stated after formally assuming office
that this was the greatest honor and responsibility
of his life, and he was looking forward to the
• Jacinda Ardern resigned as Prime Minister of New
Zealand last week.
33. TOURISM MINISTRY TO ORGANIZE SIX-DAY MEGA
EVENT BHARAT PARV AT RED FORT
• As part of the Republic Day celebrations, the six-
day mega event Bharat Parv will be held at the
Red Fort in Delhi from the 26th to the 31st of
• According to the Union Tourism Ministry, some of
the top Republic Day Parade tableaux will be
displayed throughout the event.
• There will also be cultural performances by Zonal
Cultural Centres as well as cultural troupes from
States and Union Territories, a pan-India Food
Court, and a Crafts Bazaar with 65 crafts vendors.
34. PRASAR BHARTI SIGNED AN MOU TO FACILITATE
CONTENT EXCHANGE BETWEEN NATIONAL MEDIA
AUTHORITY OF EGYPT
• Prasar Bharati and the National Media Authority
of Egypt inked an MoU to promote content
sharing, capacity building, and co-productions on
January 25, 2023.
• The agreement was signed by Anurag Singh
Thakur, Minister of Information and Broadcasting,
and Sameh Hassan Shoukry, Minister of Foreign
Affairs, Government of Egypt.
• The agreements were signed in New Delhi in the
presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi.
35. NARESH LALWANI HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS NEW
GENERAL MANAGER OF CENTRAL RAILWAY
• Naresh Lalwani has been appointed General
Manager of Central Railway. He is a senior
officer from the 1985 batch of the Indian
Railway Engineering Service.
• He was Senior Deputy General Manager and
Chief Vigilance Officer of Western Railway
before becoming General Manager of
• He succeeded Ashok Kumar Misra, General
Manager of Western Railway, who was also
in charge of Central Railway.
36. UNION HEALTH MINISTER MANSUKH MANDAVIYA
LAUNCHED WORLD’S FIRST INTRANASAL COVID-19
• Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Health
Minister, launched the world's first intranasal
COVID-19 vaccine, iNNCOVACC, in New Delhi
on January 27, 2023.
• Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL)
created it in conjunction with Biotechnology
Industry Research Assistance (BIRAC).
• The vaccine was unveiled in the presence of
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (IC)
for Science and Technology, and other
37. INDIAN-AMERICAN, RAJA J CHARI HAS BEEN
NOMINATED FOR AIR FORCE BRIGADIER GENERAL
• Indian-American Astronaut Raja J Chari has
been nominated for the appointment of Air
Force Brigadier General in the American Air
• It is a United States Air Force one-star General
Officer rank, slightly above Colonel and below
• Chari is now the Commander and Astronaut
for Crew-3 at the National Aeronautics and
Space Administration's Johnson Space Center
38. BABAR AZAM HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR ICC MEN’S
CRICKETER OF YEAR 2022
• In the 2022 ICC Awards, Babar won both the Sir Garfield
Sobers Trophy and the Men's ODI Cricketer of the Year,
beating out tough fields in both categories.
• A year after being named 'ODI Cricketer of the Year' in
2021, the flamboyant hitter continued to dominate
international cricket, being the first player to score 2000
runs in all forms in 2022.
• Babar easily surpassed that mark, accumulating 2,598
runs at an impressive average of 54.12.
39. FOR ISRO’S ADITYA L1 PROJECT, IIA HANDED
OVER VISIBLE LINE EMISSION CORONAGRAPH
• The Visible Line Emission Coronagraph
(VELC) payload for the Aditya-L1 mission was
handed over to ISRO by the Indian Institute
of Astrophysics (IIA) on January 26, 2023.
• The event was organized at the Centre for
Research and Education in Science and
Technology (CREST) Campus at Hosakote,
• The VELC payload was conceived and built
on the CREST site. At URSC, the payload
would be integrated with the satellite.
40. NEXT KHELO INDIA YOUTH GAMES TO BEGIN IN
• The next Khelo India Youth Games will occur in
Madhya Pradesh on 30 January 2023, with
many Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)
Development athletes competing.
• This increases the significance of the games
since the TOPS athletes, who are already
worldwide performers, will motivate grassroots
players to lift the ante and give fierce
41. INDIA SIGNED AN MOU WITH SOUTH AFRICA TO
INTRODUCE 12 CHEETAHS ANNUALLY
• India and South Africa inked a Memorandum of
Understanding on January 27, 2023, to introduce 12
African Cheetahs every year for the next eight to ten
• According to the agreement, an initial batch of 12
cheetahs will be transported from South Africa to
India next month.
• The cats will be added to the eight Cheetahs
imported to India from Namibia last year.
42. AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2023: NOVAK DJOKOVIC WON
MEN’S SINGLE TITLE OF CHAMPIONSHIP 2023
• Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas in the
final of the Australian Open 2023 men's singles
match. Djokovic wins the Australian Open for the
tenth time and the 22nd grand slam.
• With his 22nd Grand Slam championship, he
equals Rafael Nadal. Aryna Sabalenka won the
women's singles tennis championship at the 2023
Australian Open by defeating Elena Rybakina in
the final, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.
• The 2023 Australian Open was a Grand Slam
tennis event held in Melbourne Park from January
16 to 29, 2023.
43. RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN’S MUGHAL GARDEN TO BE
RENAMED AMRIT UDYAN
• The Mughal Gardens in New Delhi's
Rashtrapati Bhavan were christened
'Amrit Udyan' by the Central
Government on January 28, 2023.
• In keeping with the concept of 'Amrit
Mahotsav,' which marks the 75th
anniversary of India's independence, the
Central government renamed Mughal
Gardens Amrit Udyan.
44. U-19 WOMEN'S T20 WORLD CUP 2023: INDIA WON
TITLE BY DEFEATING ENGLAND IN FINALS
• On January 29, 2023, India defeated England
by seven wickets in an entertaining one-sided
final in South Africa.
• This is the first global championship for a
women's cricket team. The BCCI has also set a
prize fund of £500,000 for the squad.
• India, which was chasing a meager 69, lost
Shafali Verman and Shweta Sehrawat early on.
However, G Trisha and Soumya Tiwari formed
a strong alliance to lead India home.
45. GERMANY BAGGED MEN’S HOCKEY WORLD CUP
• Germany won the FIH Men's Hockey
World Cup 2023 on January 29, 2023,
beating Belgium 5-4 in a penalty
shootout at the Kalinga Stadium in
• The result was 3-3 at the end of normal
time, with Florent Van Aubel (10'),
Tanguy Cosyns (11'), and Tom Boon (59')
scoring for Belgium.
• Niklas Wellen (29'), Gonzalo Peillat (41'),
and Mats Grambusch (48') scored for
46. FINANCE MINISTER NIRMALA SITHARAMAN
REPRESENTS AN ANNUAL PRE-BUDGET ECONOMIC
• Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman represents
the country’s annual pre-budget economic survey
at Parliament on January 31, 2023.
• According to the survey, the Indian economy
would increase by 7% in real terms in the current
• It also stated that India will continue to be the
world's fastest-growing major economy.
• According to the poll, India has become the world's
fifth-largest economy, with a nominal GDP of
roughly 3.5 trillion US dollars in March 2023.
47. CHHATTISGARH'S CM ANNOUNCED A MONTHLY
ALLOWANCE FOR UNEMPLOYED YOUTH
• Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel
announced on January 26, 2023, that unemployed
youngsters in the state will be paid a monthly
allowance beginning in the next fiscal year.
• The sum has yet to be determined, and a team is
working on it.
• The chief minister also stated that beginning with
the next fiscal year, each gram panchayat will be
given $10,000 to organize tribal festivals in the
Bastar division, Surguja division, and scheduled
regions of the state.
48. IMF WORLD ECONOMIC OUTLOOK REPORT
PROJECTS INDIAN ECONOMY TO GROW AT 6.1% IN
• The International Monetary Fund (IMF) expected
India to be the fastest-growing major economy in
FY24, maintaining its 6.1% projection in its latest
World Economic Outlook, citing "resilient" domestic
demand amid a tough external environment.
• According to the research, growth is likely to decline
from 6.8% for FY23 and then rebound to 6.8% in
• India’s GDP growth rate is expected to be
significantly higher than all its comparable
economies, which is set to grow at 5.4% in 2023 and
4.5% in 2024.
49. NIKHAT ZAREEN SELECTED AS A BRAND
AMBASSADOR OF NMDC
• Nikhat Zareen, World Boxing Champion and gold
medalist at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth
Games, has signed a Memorandum of Agreement
(MoA) to promote NMDC as its brand ambassador.
• NMDC is a national miner and India's largest iron ore
• Nikhat Zareen personifies the NMDC's brand of power,
courage, agility, and national pride.
50. MURALI VIJAY RECENTLY ANNOUNCED HIS
RETIREMENT FROM ALL FORMS OF CRICKET
• Murali Vijay, the India opener, announced his
retirement from all forms of cricket on
January 30, 2023, calling an end to a senior
career that spanned more than 16 years.
• Vijay played in the first two Tests of India's
2018-19 tour of Australia, with the second
Test in Perth being his farewell outing for the
• The Tamil Nadu opener made his Test debut
against Australia during the 2008 Border-
Gavaskar Trophy at home.