O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
To revisit how to analyse representation
To apply analytical skills to Frozen and
conduct a debate
• What is it?
• A re-presentation of a person/ group/ place etc…
Your job is to identify how that representation has
been constructed and what impact this
representation could potentially have on an
You may also consider how this representation will
draw in audiences.
Starter: Representation Recap
Watch the following trailer and make notes on how children
have been represented.
Make additional notes on how the others have been
How has this representation been constructed? Consider
technical aspects/ costume/ language/ actions etc…
How are these representations used to draw in audiences?
What are the ideological implications of this representation?
Representation of Women in Frozen
Left half of the
Right half of
Paper Debate You have 20 minutes to come up
with an argument demonstrating
this point of view
You should use the links provided
at the end of the PPT and your own
opinion to help when making
You may want to distribute the
work amongst your group
Remember you are going to have
to counter argue any comments
made from the other side
You should refer to specific scenes
in your analysis.
• Think about context (what do we already know about the
representation of women…)
• How has this representation been constructed in Frozen?
• Why is this representation positive/negative/ambiguous?
• What are the implications of having such representations?
Conduct your debate
• Move into groups of 4 (2 positive/2 negative)
• Write the question in the middle of the paper:
Are women in Frozen given a positive
• First, add your own arguments, using a different
colour for each side of the debate
• Then, counter other people’s arguments
• Photograph your paper debate and add it to your
Write a paragraph answering the following question
Explore the different ways in which women are represented in
• You need to show both sides
of the argument regardless of
your personal opinion
• Use the correct terminology
associated with representation
• Link to relevant theories
• Link to audience
• Consider the construction of
• For better grades you may
want to consider:
– character roles
– stereotypical, conventional
– theoretical perspectives
What other representations could you
discuss by looking at Frozen?
• Do they fulfil any of Propp’s
• Do their roles change over
the course of the film?
• How are they challenging/
representations of gender?
• Duke of
• What representation of
different age groups do
• How is this representation