O’Connell, J. (2011). Body in the Library': A cross-curriculum transliteracy project, in
L.Marquardt & D. Oberg (Ed.) Global Perspectives on School Libraries: Projects and Practices,
Berlin, New York : De Gruyter Saur.
• Study of forensic ﬁction and different sub -genres of mystery ﬁction
(this also provided an opportunity for supporting literature displays in the
• Study of famous ﬁction forensic ﬁlms/novels/characters
• Character and plot analysis, including the relationships of clues,
events, and people in solving a crime.
• Study of forensic science and the scientiﬁc method required (this provided
an opportunity for non-ﬁction book displays in the library)
• Crime scene basics, protocol, techniques, scientiﬁc evidence.
• Police techniques for investigating a murder. i.e., interviews, ID parade,
CTV security images.