2. Audience feedback- Outline
The overall feedback on all of my planning was positive however, there is also some improvements the target
audience have a suggested I could make.
Feed back on my outline:
• Shot lengths – I received feedback from an individual saying they feel the shots may be too long. I will aim to
reduce the length of some of the shots to keep the target audience engaged throughout the video.
• More props – some feedback indicated that I should use more props within my video to make it more
conventional and effective.
• Story line – the audience feedback demonstrated that the storyline was good as the target audience are able to
relate to it
3. Audience feedback- Script
Feedback on script:
• Narrative and artist – the majority made comments stating they think that having a narrative as well as
plenty of shots of the artist will be effective and appealing to them
• Amount of shots – comments were made saying that at the beginning of the video there is too many
shots explaining the storyline which is conventional and the target audience will get bored of this
• Locations – the majority said I should consider the locations more to ensure they are all planned and all
have potential to be effective
4. Audience feedback- Digipak
Feedback on front cover:
• Layout – positive feedback was received about the layout, saying it was conventional and eye-catching for
the target audience
• Font – the majority liked the colour of the text used on the second draft and also the fonts used as they are
• Colour – a negative comment was received about the background colour for the white text, the box is black
but however the target audience feel it looks unprofessional
• Logo – the target audience do not like where I have placed the logo on my first draft, on the cover of the
digipak. I now understand I should place this at the back to ensure it is conventional.
5. Audience feedback- Digipak
Audience feedback on inside of the digipak
• Layout – the majority liked the layout of the inside and feel if a lot of effort is put in then it will be
• Background – there was comments received saying if the background of each image is not thought
about so they contrast well it will not be effective
• Images – another individuals likes the idea of having four smaller images rather than one large image as
it helps them identify the band members
6. Audience feedback- Digipak
Feedback on the back cover of the digipak
• Colour – the target audience do not find the colours I have used effective as they are not eye-catching. I
will have t consider this when making my final product
• Sizes – I received feedback saying that the logo and barcode look out of place, I assume this is due to
their large size so when making my final product I will reduce the size of these
• Layout – the majority like the layout so I will not change the layout as it is conventional and follows the
route of the eye so is therefore eye-catching
• Font – the majority didn’t like the colour of the font of the text therefore I will find a new font and colour
for my final product to ensure that the colours contrast well and the font is eye-catching and intriguing
7. Audience feedback- Magazine advert
Feedback on magazine advert
• Background – the background received negative comment due to the colour as it is
unconventional and does not contrast well with the other colours used, there I will have to
consider this when making my final product
• Colours – the colours of the fonts are not appealing to the target audience so I will have to
change these for my final product
• Fonts – the individuals giving feedback suggested that the fonts used were not eye-catching
and it is not obvious what the more important text is and what is the least
• Strength – one strength that was mentioned is that I have used a black box to place all the
text on the target audience liked this, they feel it is conventional and makes the text stand
out which is important.
9. Front cover of digipak comparison
• Layout – both my draft and the professional cover follow the route of the eye.
They both have the main image taking up the majority of the cover and the text place at the bottom in the
centre, this is good as it is does not contain any unneeded information and provides the target audience
with what they want in a logical order.
• Image – the professional product uses a close up for the image, this is what I intended on doing with my
This is conventional as it is eye-catching and identifies the artist.
• Text – my second draft demonstrates the fonts and colours which I plan on using, the larger text stating
the name of the band is similar to the professional product as the name of the artist is also in a larger
font than album name.
• Colour – on the professional product the colours used for the fonts are gold and white, I have chosen to
use a dark red colour along with white. Both the professional and my product have white backgrounds
and this therefore contrasts well with the font colours.
The gold and white used on the professional cover signifies wealth and innocence, where as the colours on
mine signifies willpower and innocence. This demonstrates how both products are conventional for the
11. Back cover of digipak comparison
• Layout – both the professional back cover and my draft have the majority of the information
places in the middle section. Including, song names, album information, contact information,
logo and a barcode.
This is eye-catching for the target audience and layouts out the information in a logical order.
• Text – on both back cover the larger text is the song names, this is because this is the main
information the audience want from the back cover and therefore the most important. This
follows throughout the back cover for example the album information is in the smallest font
because the target audience find this less interesting.
• Colour – the background colour of the professional product is white, connoting innocence, this
contrasts well with the white used on the front. However I have decided to use a dark red
background as this contrasts well with the dark red which I have used on the front.
13. Inside of digipak comparison
These two inside panels do not have many similarities, however they both have an
image. A wide shot has been used on the professional product however I plan on taking
four close ups and making a collage, both of these are conventional as they identify the
artist to the audience.
The background of the professional product has roses on which is conventional as it
connotes loves, however intend on have more of a plain background to appeal to the
14. How will I achieve a level 4
On my print production tasks:
• I have used lots of conventions when the layout and page design is concerned, ensuring that all
my layouts follow the route of the eye and the design is appealing to the target audience but still
includes all the information needed.
• I have use a variety of fonts, and font sizes
• I have used an appropriate integration of illustration and text
• I have thoroughly thought about the framing of each shot of the images and intended on using a
range of shot types and angles for my print products
• When taking my image I will think about mise-en-scene including the lighting and the costumes, I
will ensure they are conventional
• I will finally manipulate images to ensure they fit to the correct size and still remain conventional,
demonstrating a good use of ict skills.
15. How will I achieve level 4
In my video production
• I will demonstrate excellence in the creative use of the technical areas
• My shooting material will be appropriate, including a controlled use of the camera, I will pay
attention to the framing of each shot, use a range of shot types as well as paying attention
to the mise-en-scene and ensure it is conventional at all times.
• I will make good use of editing, through making selective and appropriate use of shot
transitions, captions and other effects.
• I will also record and edit sound and images appropriately throughout.
• I will ensure that all of the transitions I use fit well with the music.
• Throughout editing my shots together I will ensure the shots are the correct length to keep
the audience intrigued.
• I will finally use a range of shot types, angles and props to ensure my production is effective