O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Emergence of ITOA: An Evolution in IT Monitoring and Management
What is ITOA?
• Helps discover complex patterns in high volumes of IT system usage and performance data
• Helps to identify problems and system behaviors faster, so as to rectify the problem(s) before they
• Automates the process of collecting, organizing, analyzing, and identifying patterns in a highly
distributed, diverse and continuously changing application data environment.
• Ensures an improved IT system performance and continuity
• Relies heavily on Big Data Analytics.
Gartner, a leading IT analyst firm, came up with the term “IT
Operations Analytics (ITOA)”.
It refers to a set of processes and technologies that
predominantly aims to assist IT Operations teams by applying
analytic methods to data for:
• Prediction of Incident
• Root Cause Analysis
• Performance Management & Optimization
• Capacity Management & Optimization
Gartner, a leading IT analyst firm, came up with the term “IT Operations Analytics (ITOA)”.
It refers to a set of processes and technologies that:
The evolution of IT monitoring and management
•The industry’s shift from reactive, forensic analysis, to real-time
•Difficulties and limitations in analyzing millions of data points in a
widely distributed network and complex IT environments
WHY ITOA ?
• Reduces mean-time-to repair (MTTR) due to rapid problem determination
and application diagnostics
• Avoids downtime, thereby increasing the overall availability of the
• Reduces operations cost with the efficient use of skilled personal, so that
they can focus on critical issues.
• Increases insights into correlation of end-user interaction and business
• Provides business stakeholders with real-time insights
• Helps in extracting meaningful information by performing calculations on
large amounts of data.
• Applies pattern and statistics based algorithms, to automatically analyze all
changes that occurred since the last time, system under monitoring was
• Performs quick checks to determine the success of the changes, before
any change is executed
ITOA has following advantages:
Advantages of ITOA
According to Gartner, the demand for ITOA is
increasing rapidly among large and small to midsize
ITOA spend in 2014 - $1.7 billion | Expected growth:
Approximately 70% through 2015
• 20% increase in the number of global 2000 enterprises
giving ITOA a higher priority (from 2012 to 2015)
• By 2017, around 15% of the enterprises will use ITOA;
up from 5% today
Market Predictions on ITOA
The Future of ITOA