O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Year 7 Xi’an
At CIS, Year 7s have traditionally visited this beautiful and historic city. Xi'an has more than 3,000 years of
history and was known as Chang'an in ancient times.
During 1,000 years, the city was capital for 13 dynasties, and a total of 73 emperors ruled here. Xi'an is the
undisputed root of Chinese civilization having served as the capital city for the Zhou, Qin, Han, and Tang
dynasties. With so much history within the ground the city lies upon, it is no wonder that there are so many
historical ruins, museums, and cultural relics to be found here.1
Year 7s will experience the amazing cultural landscape while being immersed in Putonghua language and
• Depart: Sunday, May 9 2010
• Return: Thursday, May 20 2010
Exact times TBA.
The Students’ Typical Day
7am Wake up, breakfast
8am – 12pm In school classes
12pm – 1pm Lunch
1pm – 5pm Out of school activities
5pm – 6pm Down time/Sporting competitions
6pm – 7pm Dinner
7pm – 9pm Journal writing, homework, assemblies, evening shows/etc.
9:30pm Lights out
In School Classes
• Chinese Language classes • Geography
• Erhu • Physical Education
• Driving Lessons on simulator • Chinese Literature
• Kung Fu • Chinese Painting
• Guzheng • Taichi
• Dance • Pottery Creation
• Calligraphy • Basketball/Football Games
• Fashion Designs and Performance • Biology
• Cartoon Design • Science
• History • Team Building Games (“Puttee Run”, “Tug of
Out of School Activities
• Mountain hiking • Qinling Mountain Safari
• Terra-cotta Warrior Museum and Show • Panda Park
• Martial Arts School • Fountain Show
• Bicycle on City Wall • Evening assemblies
• Calligraphy Street • Evening homework time
• Li Bai House and Poetry Activities • Evening talent shows
• Muslim Street of Foods and Arts • Evening debriefings
• Great Mosque • Evening journal writing
• Big Wild Goose Pogoda and Park • Service Project: Elder Home Visit and Interviews –
• Local parks and Jungle Gym Newspaper: Life in Xi'an 50 Years Ago
• Archaeological Site Visit • Service Project: Orphanage Visit: Playing with
Out of Class School Based Activities:
Sporting competitions (soccer, basketball)
Talent Show (music, dance, drama, magic, etc)
Students and staff will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel in double rooms. The quality is excellent, there is a large
assembly room with multimedia opportunities, and it is about ten minutes away from the school by foot.
Parent Information Night
There will be a one-hour parent information night in April.