Chocolate comes from a fruit
called a pod that grows on the cacao
tree. A seedling tree generally must
mature for five years before it
produces pods, with peak pod
production happening at 10 years. A
cocoa tree can bear fruit and
produce pods for 30 to 40 years.
Each pod is similar in size to a
football, and contains up to 50 cocoa
beans. To make one ounce of milk
chocolate, it takes 4 cocoa beans, and
one ounce of dark chocolate requires 12 beans. An average
American or Canadian will consume about 12 pounds of chocolate
per year. However, the Swiss are the world’s largest consumers of
chocolate, eating about 22 pounds of chocolate per person per
Chocolate can be bittersweet, and we don’t mean literally.
Although chocolate has many benefits to your health, some facts
about how chocolate is made may make you want to munch on a
different snack, or at least lower your chocolate intake.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup melted butter
3 large beaten egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
5 tbs. icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking
powder and salt.
3. Stir in the butter until the mixture is well combined and
4. Add egg whites and vanilla and stir until the dough just comes
5. Place the icing sugar into a shallow dish.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and coat the balls in icing sugar.
7. Place the cookies on a well greased cookie sheet. Using a
spoon, flatten the cookies a bit.
8. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes, until just set around the edges; the
cookies should be soft in the middle.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.