2. At the end of the discussion, the
students will be able to:
ill be able to:
•discuss the concept of science, technology
•explain the interrelationship of science,
technology and society.
• identify different emerging ethical dilemmas
and policy issues in science and technology.
•appreciate the importance of studying STS.
15. What is a society
• Derived from the Latin word societas, it typically refers to
individuals belonging to a particular group.
• A community of people engaging with each other through
persistent relationships, or a broad social grouping occupying
the same geographical or social territory, normally subject to
the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations.
• A complex of mutual relationship classes, communicating with
each other, allowing human organisms to carry on their life
activities and helping each person, in association with their
fellows, to fulfill their wishes and fulfill their interests.