O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
One born every minute
◦ One born every minute is a British observational documentary series which shows the
day to day activity of a labour ward.
◦ The factual series is made by Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, which is part of
◦ The first series won a 2010 BAFTA for best factual series, the second series was
nominated for a 2011 BAFTA for best factual series.
◦ Airlock who designed the interactive and multimedia material to accompany the
series were nominated for a 2010 BAFTA “New Media Award”.
◦ One born every minute is a fixed-camera observational documentary. Channel 4 seem
to be showing more fixed camera observational documentaries. The documentary is
shot in a hospital in Southampton.
◦ Using a fixed-camera observational style documentary is something that I will not be
using in my documentary as mine is not an observational documentary. But this style of
documentary seems to be effective for scenes which are located in a building and
want to recorded basically 24 hours a day without having to have a camera crew to
24 hours in A & E
◦ 24 hours in A & E is fully narrated throughout and is a single strand documentary.
◦ The camera is hidden and not an obvious thing, so people act normal and not staged.
◦ Camera shots used are; Long Shot, Close up, Medium close up (when people are
◦ Editing- fades from title to start of programme, normal shot to shot.
◦ Sound- Voiceover of the narrator, diegetic sound of machines beeping and doctors
talking, patients crying and talking and people on the phone in the background to
◦ The only graphics used is at the start of the documentary is the title ‘24 hours in A & E’
and this just cut away and moves on to the start of the scene.