2. • “Those routine occasions set apart from the
normal activity of daily life of a group of
• Event management is the application
of project management to the creation and
development of festivals, events and
3. Event management involves;
• studying the intricacies of the brand
• identifying the target audience,
• devising the event concept,
• planning the logistics
• coordinating the technical aspects before actually
launching the event.
Post‐event analysis and ensuring a return on
investment have become significant drivers for
the event industry
4. • Person who plans and executes the event.
• Often behind‐the‐scenes running the event.
• It is a multi‐dimensional profession.
• involved in planning and execution of the event,
• brand building, marketing and communication strategy.
• Expert at the creative, technical and logistical elements
that help an event succeed.
• This includes event design, audio‐visual production,
scriptwriting, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and, of
course, client service.
11. • Analytical/Critical thinking and problem solving
• Client/Customer service orientation
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet
• Teamwork, facilitation and co‐operation
• Planning, co‐ordination and organisation
• Good networking skills
12. • SOCIAL NEEDS
49. 1. Statement of objectives
2. Analysis of environment, competitiors,
3. Summary of event products and services
4. Overview of target market
5. Marketing budget
6. Promotion. Public relation & ads (schedule)