2. Changes Needed…
• The fire evacuation plan that is in action
at Lee County High School is not
effective in any way.
• There are three major issues
concerning the fire escape routes, as
they are now, which include:
• 1. Safety Issues
• 2. Speed
• 3. Organization
3. Evacuation Locations
• Each building has a designated location
on campus for the students of each
building to safely commit to incase of a
fire truly happening at Lee County High
• Every location has been carefully chosen
for the fastest route possible, as well
as the safest for students to travel by.
• The safety of students at Lee County High
School is a huge issue because of the
amount of students traveling to their
designated locations is blocking the
routes, and not allowing students to get to
safety points on the campus.
• There are several convergent points across
campus that holds up the traffic flow of
students to get from point A to point
B, however with these new routes for each
building the traffic should been lessened.
• The speed of building evacuation is a
large issue at hand because of how slow
students walk to get to the correct
designation during drills, as well as
human “traffic jams” blocking the
doorways, stairways, and the fastest
routes to safety.
• The Organization of students block the
entry ways to the two major destination
point entering into the football field
because of the chaos from the unorganized
• With the new plans drawn out there will be
no blockage from students, and all major
access point into the football field, as well
as the baseball field, have been changed.
23. Fire Evacuation Improved!
• The new and improved fire evacuation
routes will speed up the time that it takes
to get from room to safety.
• Teachers will be asked to guide students in
the right and new directions for fire
drills, as well as real life incidents.
• There will be fire drills each month, but
also for the first few times of learning the
new routes, there will be another day used