O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
LESSON PLAN FOR GRADE 7
(SECTION: ADELFA, CATTLEYA, GLADIOLA, CARNATION)
At the end of the lesson, 85% of the students are expected to:
a) discuss an issue by following the procedure of panel discussion;
b) perform panel discussion; and
c) appreciate the lesson by actively participating with the group activity.
II. SUBJECT MATTER
a) Topic: Panel Discussion
b) Materials: Visual Aid, Task Cards
c) Reference: Experiencing Powerful English Work text (pg. 204)
d) Time Frame: 1hour
III. LEARNING PROCEDURE
a) Preliminary activities
a. Daily Routine
o Classroom Cleanliness
o Checking of Attendance
- The teacher will show pictures to the students.
- Let the students describe the pictures.
After the activity, ask the following questions to the students:
1) What have you observed on the pictures?
2) Have you tried discussing something to someone before? How do you
o Panel Discussion is a discussion in which few persons carry on the
conversation in front of an audience.
o Members in a Panel Discussion: Moderator; Expert; Audience
o Procedure for Panel Discussion
a) The moderator introduces the topic.
b) The experts present their views and opinions regarding the topic or
talk for a set of time (2mins).
c) The experts will be asked series of questions by the other panel of
d) The audience listens during discussion. One audience will be
paired to an expert for the evaluation.
- Experts must be prepared with their talks
- Follow the time limits.
- Do not interrupt when other expert is talking
o Activity: Panel Discussion
o Topic: What Must Be Done?
- You are on a television program. Your topic focuses on the
issue of poor garbage collection in your community. This has
caused an alarming incidence of typhoid fever. Three deaths
were recorded within the first week.
1) Now, three students will each play the role of factory
owner, a news reporter, and a head of the street cleaners
2) Three other students will play the roles of government
officials: a mayor, a barangay captain, and a health officer.
3) The rest will be the audience for the mean time.
o Panel Discussion Evaluation Sheet
1) Level of understanding of the
2) Presentation of the topic
3) Demonstration of courtesy to
4) Responses to audience
- Why do we need to learn panel discussion? Explain your
answer in an essay.