O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
1. Implementing RWD is the answer to
UX Myth: 25% of all incoming sales calls toWhatUsersDo in 2014 were
from companies experiencing a down-turn in conversion post RWD
RWD is a start, but not a panacea
2. We should copy Amazon
UX Fact:Yes, you should copy their obsession with testing and
UX Fact:You should copy their reluctance to redesign and focus instead
on incremental improvements
3.There is a silver bullet to great UX
UX Fact:There is a silver bullet
Exposure to Users is a silver bullet
The best teams set a monthly target
Who wants to share a UX Myth or Fact?
For competitive advantage and true
customer engagement a combination of
analytics, best practice and good old
fashioned guesswork is no longer enough.
a. Understand what types of UXTest you can run
b. How to design them
c. Know how to analyze UX videos
d. Share results in the right way
e. Improve & repeat
From business to users
Turning Business Objectives into
Decrease the shopping cart abandonment rate ➔
Identify the conversion killers during the end-to-end
journeys, focusing on the shopping cart as journey
How users search?
1. Open a new browser window and search for at least two home
insurance quotes, as you normally would.
2. Compare them, and tell us, which one do you prefer, and why?
3. If they were exactly the same price, would that change your
Behavioural (Open) end-to-end journey
1. Without thinking too much, say what three words come to mind about [airline
2. What comes to your mind when you look at this page?
3. Would you give your credit card details if requested by this page? (You will not
have to during this test, but we are interested if you would do so in real life.)
4. Where would you click first on this page?
5. Imagine that you have to fly to the United Kingdom in February 2015. Find a flight.
(Spend no more then 5 minutes on this task.)
6. Book the flight. Proceed as far as you can, but stop before entering payment
details. (You can use fake data, if you are not confortable with providing your
1. Without thinking too much, say what three words come to mind about
2. Have you had any problems with *** in the past? If yes, how did you solved it?
Have you contacted the support by phone or used the website to find a solution?
3. Imagine that you have ordered "Flowers in 3 Hours" from *** and they were not
delivered.You ordered them more then 3 hours ago, before 3PM. How would you
solve this problem.Try to solve this problem, do as much as you can on our
website, as you normally would. (Spend no more then 5 minutes on this task.
Please tell us, if/when would you give up using the site and call support.)
Directed test (continued)
4. Imagine that you have ordered two All Flower Bouquets and only one of them
arrived. Use http://***/contact-us to solve this problem.
5. Open a new tab in your browser and enter http://***/contact-us Imagine that now
(totally unrelated to the previous orders) you have ordered Pink Radiance Hand-
tied Bouquet.They arrived, but the pink Oriental lilies were in a terrible state,
some petals clearly missing or in a very rugged state.Try to solve this issue using
the contact form.
6. If you had a magic wand how would you improve our contact form?
Tasks for BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
Start the screen recorder and click on the displayed link. (Please make sure you follow every instruction
and speak your thoughts as you do so. Remember, we are testing the site, not you.)
1. Without thinking too much, say what three words come to mind about Bank of the Philippine
2. What comes to your mind when you look at this page?
3. Would you give your personal details if requested by this page? (You will not have to during this
test, but we are interested if you would do so in real life.)
4. Imagine that you wanted to apply for loan to buy a car.The car you have chosen costs
Php750,000.Where would you click first on this page?
Tasks for BPI (continued)
5. Explore the loan offers, as if you would be genuinely interested in applying for loan to buy the
car costing Php750,000. (Spend no more then 5 minutes on this task.)
6. Apply for a loan, and proceed as far as you can. (You can use fake data, if you are not
comfortable with providing your personal details.)
7. Imagine that a few hours after the loan application a very good friend of yours called you and
told you he is selling his car. It is your dream-car, you want to buy it and he asks only Php450,000. How
would you proceed in this situation?
8. If you had a magic wand how would you improve our website?
This concludes our test, thank you for your participation.You can now stop the screen recorder.
Now create a test design
1. You have 10 minutes
2. Anything related to banks or financial services (not mortgage
or loan application please)
3. You don’t need to write meta-tasks
+ Work in silence, please!
Issue severity: High, Medium and Low?
Recap: you’re ready!
You know what’s involved in designing UXTests
You know how to analyse UX videos
You know how to share results that lead to action
To improve your metrics with Insight (not instinct)
Today’s successful digital professionals use
insight from their direct and unfiltered
exposure to customers’ real-time
experiences to drive decisions.
I hopeWE have
Shared the barriers we face
Understood the power of observing users
De-mystified designing, running and analysing tests
Learned about presenting results
Final quote: “Shut up & listen to users.”
Open discussion and UX clinic
Let’s hear your questions