Tips on using my ppt.
1. You can freely download, edit, modify and put your
2. Don’t be concerned about number of slides. Half the
slides are blanks except for the title.
3. First show the blank slides (eg. Aetiology ) > Ask
students what they already know about ethology of
today's topic. > Then show next slide which enumerates
4. At the end rerun the show – show blank> ask questions >
show next slide.
5. This will be an ACTIVE LEARNING SESSION x
6. Good for self study also.
7. See notes for bibliography.
– before and after client contact
– after removing gloves and other PPE
– after contact with contaminated surfaces and
items, specimens, even when gloves are worn
– before eating or drinking
– after using restroom
– after coughing, sneezing, blowing nose
1) Work practices
• hand hygiene
• no eating, drinking in areas with risk of
• no re-capping of used needles
2) Engineering controls
• safety devices on sharp medical devices
• sharps containers
• hand washing facilities
For patients of respiratory infections
1. Source control: put a mask on the patient.
2. appropriate patient placement in a single
3. PPE Don mask upon entry into the patient
room or patient space.
4. patient to wear a mask and follow
Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette.
1. Appropriate patient placement in a single
patient space or room.
2. PPE gloves and gown.
3. Limit transport and movement of
patients outside of the room .
4. Use disposable or dedicated patient-care
equipment (e.g., blood pressure cuffs). If common use
of equipment for multiple patients is unavoidable, clean and
disinfect such equipment before use on another patient.
5. cleaning and disinfection of the rooms.
Personal protective equipment
• Specialized clothing or equipment worn by
employees for protection against health and
• Personal protective equipment is designed
to protect many parts of the body, i.e., eyes,
head, face, hands, feet, and ears
Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette
– cover mouth and nose with tissue when coughing,
sneezing / into own elbow.
– immediately toss tissue into yellow bin.
– wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol gel
– have client wear mask if possible
– barriers for front line staff
• fy¶V dk mi;ksx u djsaA
• FkeZy LØhfuax djkds gh शाला esa
insZ gVk ysaA
njokts f[kM+fd;ka [kqyh j[ksa ¼,-lh-
pyrs jgus ij Hkh
• No brooms.
• No Vaccume Cleaners
• No Spraying No fumigation, No foggiing
• Only mopping with 1% hypochlorite 3 times a
• Unidirectional Mopping away from you.
• The door knobs, handles, railings, lift switches,
nursing platforms etc. should be frequently
disinfected with 1% hypochlorite.
Get this ppt in mobile
1. Download Microsoft
PowerPoint from play
2. Open Google assistant
3. Open Google lens.
4. Scan qr code from
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.