9. THIRD PROFESSIONAL B.A.M.S DEGREE EXAMINATION, JULY 2002
Paper II – SHALYA THANTRA
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
parts A and B should be answered in separate answerbooks. Answer all questions
1. Explain urvasthy greeva bhangom (Fracture neck of Femur).
2. Name the Prameha pidakas. (Explain diabetic carbuncle)
3. Explain Asthi Kshayaja bhangas (Pathological fractures)
4. What are clinical features of a malignant tumour?
5. Describe the signs and symptoms of Janusanthy Kshatham (Knee joint injuries).
6. Explain galaganda roga.
7. What are the clinical features and treatment of Lumbar disc prolapse?
8. Explain the clinical features and treatment of Santhi gata vatham (osteo arthritis).
9. Describe Snayuka.
10. Describe Kapalasthy bhanga lakshanas (Injury to the vault of the skull)
1. Explain rektarsas and its management.
2. Describe the aetio pathogenesis of parinama soola.
3. What are the signs and symptoms of gudabhramsa and its treatment? (Rectal prolapse)
4. Explain the clinical features of parikarthika. Write its treatment. (Fissure inano).
5. What are causes of haematuria?
6. Describe the “chedana visesha” in bhagandara.
7. What are the causes of intestinal obstruction?
8. Describe Mootra Jadara lakshanas and causes (Distended bladder). Explain vasthy
9. Explain anther vidradhy. Describe the signs and symptoms of amoebic liver abscess.
10. Explain the signs and symptoms of mootra krichram (dysuria)