O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Online collaboration platforms and technologies: what should we consider? – Riff Fullan (Helvetas)
• KM4Dev event: Session 9 – Online collaboration, dialogue
• 3 July 2020
Online collaboration platforms and
technologies: what should we consider?
Head, Knowledge & Learning
A few thoughts on virtual collaboration/dialogue platforms
• Platform functionality needs to suit the users
• Compatible with core systems
• Providing what is needed
• A community of developers is crucial for sustainability
• Security/safety should be included in your assessment
• No platform is perfect, but most have their evangelists
Email-based communication (Dgroups, Lyris, Google Groups, etc.)
• Basic, but continues to be widely used
• Robust and easy to use (participation through your email inbox)
• Time zone, availability and connectivity friendly
• Good for comms-focused exchange and archiving
Functionality: Web-based collaboration
• What you need
• What can be added
• What capacities are
• What are your security/
• Is it future-friendly?
Several platforms or one platform?
It depends, but remember…..
• One size does not fit all (users or purposes)
• Integration can be very useful (e.g. calendar, chat, meeting
• Our world is changing rapidly, which makes it hard to know what is
around the corner
Bottom line: Collaboration is about people! This means:
• People are your starting point
• Engagement of core stakeholder representatives is crucial
• Co-development/decision-making is a powerful driver of
ownership and innovation
• Financial and operational sustainability should be considered in
the early stages of development