O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
How to use Schedule Groups Patterns and Shift Templates in Kronos
How to use
Patterns and Shift
Why use Schedule Groups?
Answer: Best method of maintaining large
groups of employees that have same work
Lastly it provides flexibility to “Standardize”
schedules for small to large groups of
employees. Example: If you could edit 1K
employees schedules individually or break
them up into 10 groups and make 10 edits.
Create Schedule Group
New Setup & apply to employees
Create Schedule Group with inheritance
Create Shift Template
Create Schedule Pattern. Add Shift Template to the
Apply Schedule Group to Employees
Apply Schedule Pattern to Schedule Group
Update Data Access Profiles to allow users to access to
Shift Template, Pattern Template, Schedule Group
Existing Setup apply to employees
Edit Schedule Group using Schedule Editor or People
Remove from existing Schedule Group by END DATING
Add to existing Schedule Group. Be sure to not have
Overlapping Dates for Schedule Groups
Review Schedule Setup in Schedule Editor
Use Existing Schedule Group
Schedule Periods are intervals in time based on WEEKS or
Shift Templates are simply shifts that have been recorded and
named for future use. They have specific Start and End Times
Patterns are simply a series of scheduled shifts and/or pay
code edits that repeat over a specific period of time.
A schedule group is a collection of employees who work
the same or similar shifts. You can assign new hires and
existing employees to one or more schedule groups. Place
employees in schedule groups to facilitate creating and
editing their schedules.
Shift Template Data Access Profile
Update Data Access Profile to allow users to access shift
Shift Group Data Access Profile
Update Data Access Profile to allow users to access
Pattern Template Data Access Profile
Update Data Access Profile to allow users to access
People Editor Record – Group Assignment
Update employee’s people editor record with correct Schedule
Group with correct start and end dates. Do NOT overlap dates.
To build an Inheritance Schedule Group:
1. Go to Setup > Scheduler Setup > Schedule Groups.
2. Click on New. Add name of Schedule Group and click in the box labeled Inheritance.
3. Click on Save and Return.
To assign a Schedule Pattern to an Inheritance Schedule Group:
1.Open the Schedule Editor or Schedule Planner.
2.Click the By Group tab.
3.If the group is a new one, from the menu line click Group and select Load Group.
4.Select the Group from the drop down menu.
6.Right click on the line with the Schedule Group name then select Add Pattern > Shift or Pay Code.
Highlight the Schedule Group name, click Shift on the menu line, and choose Add Pattern > Shift or Pay Code.
7.Build the pattern or select Insert Pattern and select an existing pattern template.
To assign employees to the Schedule Group:
1. If the employee is assigned to another Group:
2. From the By Group tab, right click on the employee name and select Remove from Group.
3. Select the Group name.
4. Enter the Start Date as the day after the last shift this employee should have from the old Group.
5. End date should be Forever.
6. Click OK.
7. Lock any Shifts or Days that have not been signed off and should not be over written by the new group.
To assign to a new Group (select the appropriate Time Period, such as Next Schedule Period):
1. In the By Group tab, right click on the employee name from the Ungrouped list of employees and select Add to Group.
2. Select the name of the new group to which employee should be assigned.
3. Enter Start Date as the first date of the Schedule Period where the new Group assignment should be effective.
4. Enter End Date as Forever or the date this Group Schedule assignment should end.
5. Click OK.
6. Unlock Shifts/Days from Current and/or Previous Pay Period.
To Edit an existing Inheritance Schedule Group Pattern:
1. Select Current Schedule Period or any period of time when shifts/days are not signed off.
2. Go to the By Employee tab, click on Actions > Select All.
3. Click on Actions > Lock Days. Select the dates that should be protected and not overridden.
4. Click OK.
5. Change Time Span to Next Schedule Period or Range of Dates for the new Schedule Group Pattern.
6. Right click on the Group Name then select Edit Pattern > Shift Pay Code.
7. Edit the pattern with the correct shifts.
8. Make First Work Date and Pattern Start Date the effective date of the pattern change.
Be sure to select Override Other Patterns.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Ok through the two messages.
11. Click Save when the Pattern Editor box closes.
To Edit a single day for a Schedule Group:
1. Go to Scheduling > Schedule Editor/Planner.
2. Click on the By Group tab.
3. From the Show box, choose the appropriate Schedule Group to be edited.
4. From Time Period box, select Period to be edited.
5. Click on the date to be edited in the Group.
6. Right click or Select Shift > Edit Shift.
7. Delete shift and add Pay Code or edit shift as needed.