O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Alteration of thinking, emotional condition,
environment, physical form, health or wealth.
• Change is that which people do when they can no longer
continue with what was relevant before.
• It is a conflict of awareness followed by renewed thinking.
• Change is revolutionary and transformation is evolutionary.
• Change is driven by leaders and transformation directed by
• In organizational sense, change, if accepted, initiates a
process of conversion or transformation.
• The purpose of change is to bring a new ‘state of relevance’
• For example, when we started to question the relevance of kings
and Queens, a new consciousness dawned. This conflict of
awareness between what was and what should be (according to
our new thinking), brought about a new and (hopefully)
sanctioned awareness. This could cause the topplement of such
royalty, but to bring about a new reality, we will need a process
of growth and evolution, this we call transformation.
• Since there is currently no system that can claim eternal
existence, we have to constantly change (revolutionize) to stay
• We bring about organizational change through insight,
innovation and influence.
A process whereby one state passes to
another resulting in complete change.
• Metamorphosis, a process whereby one state passes to
another, is the term that describes transformation best.
• Transformation thus implies a process, which results in a
complete change. From this, we can derive that a
transformation process is the result of a change
• In organizational sense, the purpose of transformation is
• Organizational processes associated with transformation
is reorganizing, restructuring, reengineering,
Importance of Change
“You might not like change, but you will like irrelevance
General Erik Shinseki, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
“Consistency is the refuge of the unimaginative”
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you
look at change"
Dr Wayne W Dyer
Reasons for Resistance to
The greatest reason for resisting change is the human need
Change brings uncertainty, which leads to the anxiety.
Anxiety relates to the fear that my existing paradigm is in
Our paradigms create our reality and we feel safe there.
• Respect for People
• Trust & Support
• Power Equalization
• Confrontation of problems
Examples of OD Interventions:
• Sensitivity Training
• Survey Feedback
• Process Consultation
• Team Building
• Inter-group Development
• Structural Development
• Systems development and implementation
• Strategy and scorecard development
Neuro Associative Conditioning:
Condition a new
The Four Change Stabilisers
1. Values 1. Mission
3. Culture 4. Processes