Entenda as recentes novidades e mudanças anunciadas pela Microsoft com relacao ao futuro do .NET Framework e sua nova arquitetura e quais os cenarios que ele contempla. Detalhes também sobre os novos cenarios WEB habilitados
Danilo BordiniMarketing Director - MVP Program Strategy Lead em Microsoft Corporation
7. Nascimento & Evolução .NET - Fragmentação
PCL (Portable Class Libraries
Windows 8 Contracts
8. Machine-wide frameworks x Application-local frameworks
1.It allows centralized servicing
2.It reduces the disk space
3.Allows sharing native images between
1.Dependency (OS, last version)
2.Break apps with newer frameworks
3.Hard to take advantage of new features
NUGet (out of band)
9. .NET Core is a modular implementation that can be used in a wide variety of verticals, scaling from the data center
to touch based devices, is available as open source, and is supported by Microsoft on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.
10. .NET Native (touch based devices) and ASP.NET 5 (server side
Easier fix broken
11. .NET Native (touch based devices) and ASP.NET 5 (server side
Single Nuget package
for .NET Core as an
option (snapshot, 4x
Offline installer for
14. .NET Core goes Open Source
1.Open Source offers quasi real-time communication for the implementation and overall direction
2.Releasing packages to NuGet.org offers agility at the component level
3.Distributions offer agility at the platform level
15. ASP.NET 5 vNext
Especialista Técnico – Microsoft Brasil
16. “Our role is more important than ever before”
“We are required to innovate and deliver much faster”
“I need a cross-device development strategy”
“Open Source enriches the platform and the community
“…but I have existing applications to run and evolve”
17. Productivity of Visual Studio + Flexibility of Web
Interactive HTML / CSS tools for web apps that look and behave the
same across any browser
Powerful tools and technologies for interactive apps
debugging and diagnostics.
Supports demanding needs of LOB apps
Hybrid cloud requirements, flexibility, productivity,
Tools to develop and test complex web applications that scale.
19. .NET API for Hadoop WebClient
.NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn")
.NET Map Reduce API for Hadoop
.NET Micro Framework
ASP.NET Web Pages
ASP.NET Web API
Windows Phone Toolkit
Linq to Hive
MEF (Managed Extensibility Framework)
Rx (Reactive Extensions)
Couchbase for .NET
OWIN Authentication Middleware
Web Protection Library
Windows Azure .NET SDK
@dotnetfdn // #dotnetfdn
20. Totally Modular Faster Development Cycle
Choose your Editors
from on-premises to cloud
33. What about backwards compatibility???
• .NET Framework 4.6
• Visual Studio 2015 timeline: no feature gap
• .NET Core will be updated faster, then, in the future, innovation come first to .NET
• Cadence (once per year) of .NET Framework update (incorporating .NET Core
• open source implementation of .NET Framework (same factoring problems)
• .NET Framework Reference Source under an open source friendly license on
• Summary: NET Framework has two forks: One fork is provided by Microsoft and
is Windows only; the other is Mono which you can use on Linux and Mac.
• Future: having to maintain separate forks will no longer be necessary: together with
the Mono community we’ll make .NET Core great for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX
Align styles, colors and illustrations to the rest of the decks.
Layout, illustrations should be bigger in this slide
Illustrations are fine, they are he same illustrations we use for Soma’s keynote, who has the same slide applied to VS.
Flip Openness and Agility (Openness should be the last one)
Adjust layout and colors
These illustrations have to be toned down a lot. We need to remove the people from them and focus only on the technology aspect:
Mobile Development: Show an Android, iOS and Windows device running the same app with a balloon showing the logo.
Cloud development: Just use a laptop connected to the cloud (similar concept than existing illustration without the person)
DevOps: Two semi circles integrated like the existing illustration but without the hands shaking. We need to represent how development and operations are now integrated, we could do it with arrows representing a loop or two arrows instead of the hands shaking. The illustrations for the laptop and the server can also use some help, making them more attractive without adding complexity.
The next three slides have the same format:
Illustration on the left
High level value prop on the right
Three bullet points with more detail
Animated customer logos showing on click.
The illustration on the left should be the SAME one used in slide number 6, instead of a big, more complex illustrations used now. It should take less space, providing more real estate to the one liner value prop (Cross-platform mobile development in this case) and the three bullet points below.
For this slide we will go with these three bullet points:
Code and skills reutilization
Use official Microsoft font
Initially the “Microsoft loves OSS” should be in the center of the screen
On click we would animate the text to the top to reveal “Announcing… Open sourcing the .NET server stack”
Align with previous, transition between the two with an animation that makes sense. Show Microsoft loves Linux first, then the announcement on click.
Align with previous, transition between the two with an animation that makes sense.