O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Andy from Payoneer gave us talk on global ecommerce and how payoneer can help UK businesses with innovative payment solutions. Andy gave a very good insight on how Brexit work positive to exporting British online business.
Online Seller – Birmingham
Going Global – Global Marketplaces
7th September 2016
Who is Payoneer?
In today’s borderless online world,
Payoneer enables millions of businesses and professionals
to grow globally
by facilitating seamless, cross-border payments
to over 200 countries & 150 currencies.
With Payoneer’s fast, flexible, secure and low-cost solutions,
businesses and professionals can now pay and get paid
as easily as they do locally.
48% of the UK's small online retailers are aiming to
sell their products in Europe in 2016, in total 20% of
UK Online merchants sell to the EU.
As a result of the Brexit vote, Sterling exchange
rate has been hit hard (@ -10% -v- $ & €)….is this
a bad thing? Good for exporters & Not so good for
Long term effects…dependent on negotiations with
Europe & agreed trading terms. Sterling is unlikely
to regain its previous strength for foreseeable
Europe & Brexit…..
Amazon Europe Seller Central
• Open an Amazon European Seller Account - £25 p/m.
• Sell on Amazon’s 5 European Marketplaces: France, Germany,
Spain, Italy & UK.
• Warehousing & Fulfilment by Amazon – EFN (UK) & Pan-
• Build Listings which automatically monitors FX rates.
• Translation - titles and descriptions translated to specified
• 11 Marketplaces Globally
• Amazon has a partnership with Payoneer.
Selling into Europe - Amazon
Europe – Amazon, Ebay, Cdiscount, Zalando
USA – Amazon, Wish, Newegg, Rakuten
APAC - Lazada
China – JD.com & Tmall Global (Alibaba), Amazon
South America* – Mercado Libre – 19 Countries & Linio – 8
Countries – Fastest Growing eCommerce Global Region
India – Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon – World’s Fastest Growing
Ecommerce Country (180 people per minute experience the
web for the first time).
Japan – Rakuten, Amazon
Africa – Jumia: 11 African Countries
Global Marketplace Opportunities
Lazada – South East Asia
• #1 eCommerce Marketplace in South-East Asia, covering:
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore & Vietnam = 600M
• 1 million visits per day.
• Onboarding Starter Kit, Automated Pricing, DC’s in all Countries – Fulfillment By
Lazada & Partner Support Centres.
• Lazada has a partnership with Payoneer.
Newegg – USA http://www.newegg.com/sellers/international/
• USA’s 2nd largest E-commerce marketplace.
• 30 Million Registered Customers
• Global Seller Programme - categorization, shipping, customer services
• 4 x DC’s in USA & 1 in Canada – Fulfilment by Newegg
• Newegg has a partnership with Payoneer.
MercadoLibre – South America https://www.mercadolibre.com/
• Argentinean online marketplace, and Latin America’s number one
ecommerce site. 19.5% ebay Share.
• Present in 13 countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,
Dominican Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, Portugal, Uruguay
• Their marketplaces cover a rapidly growing middle class eager for a larger
selection of quality goods.
• MercadoLibre has recently launched a cross-border trade programme for
• The programme is currently available for sellers present on MercadoLibre
Brazil and Mexico, with Chile and Columbia coming up next.
• No set-up fees and offers multiple integration options, enabling sellers to
ship directly to buyer (DDU/Parcel), or to a local address (DDP/Freight-
• MercadoLibre has a partnership with Payoneer.
We provide Collection Accounts located in:
USA (US$), Germany (Euro) & Japan (Yen)
Sellers register these collection accounts with the International
Marketplaces send sales revenue to these accounts, instead of
converting into Sterling and depositing into your bank account.
Sellers can repatriate funds when required to UK bank
accounts via Payoneer at better exchange rates = 1.5-2%
more revenue in your bank account. NO FEES applied.
Payoneer – What Do We Do?