O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Secrets of Growth Hacking: Double Your Profit and Income
Hack Your Way to Success in Business and Life -- And Finally Get Where You Want to Be!
A no-nonsense guide for results-oriented entrepreneurs who want to growth hack their way to a business that works smarter, that works more efficiently, that makes sense, and most importantly -- that works for you!
If you like this, then you are going to love the new book "Dr Growth!"
Join the pre-launch and download three chapters free:
Secrets of Growth Hacking: Double Your Profit and Income
You are about to learn our
strategies to consistently
deliver leads online for
virtually any type of business
(based on real experience with hundreds
of clients and campaigns)
Our campaigns and clients enjoy
millions of monthly pageviews,
millions of social followers, millions of
emails, millions of dollars in revenue.
Through countless campaigns I've tested
hundreds of tactics and invented my own
strategies where none previously existed and
kept only the methods I know work.
If you like this,
you’ll love the book!
20+ chapters of goodies for virtually
every media and channel.
“You're 30 seconds away from ideas that
can change the way you do business —
and change your life — forever.”
Visit the pre-launch page and
download three chapters for free:
Started ﬁrst business at age 9
working door to door.
Life hacker and nomad since
2009 (currently in Malaysia)
#1 canvasser in Nevada during
2012 Obama re-election campaign.
Worked with more than 200 clients
in every niche and channel imaginable.
Audio intro for new book “Dr Growth:”
Digital agency (LavaLink) acquired in 2011.
Have you started a business?
Do you want to start a business?
BAD NEWS: Starting and growing a
business is really tough. You’ll be earning
less than you would be working at
McDonalds for the ﬁrst year. It’s a big
Most advice is terrible
It will leave you with no clue how to actually
market a business successfully and gain
loyal users and customers
“Growth Hacking” blogs and articles like to talk about
tools and apps but leave you with no concrete plan or
98% of businesses are here.
(Swimming with the sharks
while trying not to be eaten alive.)
The Really Good News:
Once you really understand marketing and marketing
at scale (growth hacking), you can make literally
money materialize out of thin air.
To Master Marketing, remember one thing:
Marketing is a game of percentages, not perfection.
The best marketers aren’t smarter or more successful,
they just make more attempts.
There is no substitute for experience.
The Heart of
“All businesses grow from conversations.”
Facilitating these conversations is marketing.
The Core of EVERY Marketing
Campaign / Promotion:
(This makes things simple)
How I Hacked One of the World’s Largest
Online Dating Sites (circa 2009)
Real Life Examples
Client: Parenting App in UK
Market: Parenting bloggers / inﬂuencers -
#Mumbloggers / #Mummybloggers
Message: “We’re recruiting parenting bloggers in the UK to
curate emails. Commission based role. Care to discuss?”
Client: Hipster Neckties
Market: Hipsters into Unique Fashion - #Dapper
Message: Follow, like, comment: “Love your style,
it’s an inspiration! Do you follow trends or prefer to set
Client: Guesthouse in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Market: Backpackers in Thailand - #AmazingThailand,
#ThailandTrip, #KohSamui, #KohTao, etc.
Message: “We love your photos of Thailand! If you’re
ever in Chiang Mai, please visit us and have a free
coffee on us. We would love to meet you!”
Market: Entrepreneurs / Online Business Owners - FB Groups —
“Growth Hackers,” “Trafﬁc and Copy,” etc.
Message: “Hey John! I noticed we’re both members of the Growth
Hackers group and wanted to reach out. How have your results
been with growth hacking? I’m about to launch a new book called
“Dr Growth” with my best hacks and looking to meet other growth
hackers :) Take care”
400+ Hot Leads
Ready to DM
Writing a great message is an art form.
• The message varies depending on the media (Twitter:
140 characters, email is longer, Instagram doesn’t allow
• Some markets are more visual
• People use social media to share, engage, connect — so
don’t sell in the beginning, offer friendship, community,
• Always start/end your messages positively (eg positive
email subject lines) — this “anchors” you to pleasant
• Use reciprocity (generosity) whenever possible. With
the right people, perform a friendly gesture on their behalf
before you reach out to them (such as write them a
• If you communicate / interact with a person, user, or
subscriber through at least THREE different forms of
media, they feel as though they know you longer.
• HUGE MISTAKE: not deﬁning a market! Each
message has to be tailored to the market or we fail.
• Every market is an insider community with its own
language. Before you craft your message, you have to
be one of them — speak the language they know.
• Go where the users are: Huge communities on
Amazon, Google, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram,
ProductHunt, Newsletters, Craigslist, etc. etc.
• FMIC - Find, Message, Interest, Convert.
Find markets on Instagram
Using Speciﬁc Hashtags…
Facebook — scraping event
guest list (below) and targeting
Scraping an event guest list…
Facebook ads (free e-book giveaways still work)…
• Every media channel has different strengths /
weaknesses. Some markets are more active on some,
and less active on others.
• Each media platform can be hacked (!)
• Identify the opportunity and scale
• Example: Airbnb grew by exploiting Craigslist’s
already huge user base (Many other smaller companies/
entrepreneurs have done the same and also gotten very
Marketing is a game of
percentages, not perfection
In the chaotic fourth of the Cyneﬁn Framework, there
is no blog/book/guide/slideshow that can prepare
you for the type of work required.
Growth Hackers become great at marketing by testing,
running new promotions and campaigns constantly.
The best marketers are not smarter than everyone else,
they just make more attempts than everyone else.
Double your rate of failure and you will succeed
beyond your wildest dreams!!
Automation Gives You
• It takes way too much time, money, and effort to
execute campaigns without help.
• Most importantly: We need to test to know what
works. Reaching the market quickly with our message is
• To hack a system: Act, Sense, and Respond
• A few favorite marketing tools: Massplanner,
Followliker, BuzzBundle, Queue, Streak, Dozens of
Apps / Web based tools
• I’ve built combined followings of more than half a
million in just one year, 90% automated, using
• These tools allow you to automate all of the
marketing grunt work.
• Works for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,
LinkedIn, and more
Join the Facebook group to request a Massplanner invite.
• One of my favorite trafﬁc generation tools.
• Scrapes the entire internet for conversations
happening around your topic, and let’s you join the
• With just 30 minutes of use per day, you can easily start
seeing sales within the ﬁrst week.
• Free tools to make email more efﬁcient
• Streak allows you to send mass personalized email
outreach to hundreds or thousands, you can also use
“snippets” — pre-written templates
• Boomerang is perfect for following up — and closing
Drop users into a gamiﬁcation queue where they have
the chance to share, promote and refer in exchange for
prizes and prestige
• Dexi.Io: Advanced web scraper and extraction tool
• Pilot Poster: Free web-based tool to post to content to
multiple Facebook groups with one click
• Scraper: Scrape large amounts of data for free (such
as Google News) and export to Google sheets
• Buzzstream/Toofr: Import spreadsheets and ﬁnd
contact info en bulk
• Audiense: Advanced data collection (such as
harvesting emails of Amazon reviewers)
More favorite automation tools
Code Canyon, Chrome
AI-Powered Logo Maker
Invite newsletter to an FB group
with one click
At the moment, LinkedIn is a fantastic platform for B2B
sales. Worked with one client to go from 20 clients to
200+ in one year from LinkedIn Leads.
1. Modify proﬁle into a landing page for one of your
offerings and add a clear call to action (e.g. “Send me a
connection invite for an introductory call”).
2. Make sure my headline is extremely relevant to them
before we begin to view sales prospect proﬁles
Hacking LinkedIn (continued)
3. Subscribe to LinkedIn Premium to hone in on the
market using advanced search capabilities
4. Use Dux-Soup (dux-soup.com) to automate proﬁle
views (300 - 400 per day limit), and start sending
targeted trafﬁc to your LinkedIn proﬁle page!
Does this work? Hell yes!
Planning a campaign…
10,000 5% 500
Facebook Paid Ads,
5,000 45% 2,250
2500 50% 1,250
1,000 15% 150
1,000 50% 500
invites 1 person
X 15% 2X
PR Reach out to
1,500 10% 150
1,000 35% 350
Perfecting Your Product (NPS)
On a scale of 0 to 10, how like is it that you would
recommend our service to a friend?
What is the reason for your score?
Building out a Sales Funnel
AARRR (The Pirate Metrics) is the perfect model to help
you to improve your business, optimize your funnel
and grow your business.
Commandments of Content Marketing
1. Make it easy for people to understand.
2. Promote and repurpose your content everywhere, in every form.
Chances are you are not promoting enough.
3. Go where the users are. FB Groups, Reddit, Guest Blogs, YouTube,
Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
4. How to produce tons of content? The mind goes in directions
5. Always create a story: David vs Goliath, Great Aspirations, Underdog
stories, stories of transformation, etc.
6. Steal successful attention-grabbing headlines and stories and change
them to match your niche
• Sh*t [Group of People] Say
• Here’s How [So and So] is Changing the World of [Industry]
• We Got a Sneak Peak of [Product] — And [It Was Amazing / You
Won’t Believe What Happened]
Be a Growth Hacker.
Become a Game Changer.
1. Set SMART goals - Smart, Measurable, Actionable,
2. Read basics / case studies for your channels on
3. Join the “Dr Growth” newsletter for free growth hacking
chapters, guides such as “30 free places to submit your
startup” and “11 Steps to Growing Facebook Groups” —
4. Join the secret growth hackers group on Facebook —
email me for details (email@example.com)
5. “Good artists borrow, great artists steal” — GO OUT
AND FIND USERS!
For Slides, Free Book Chapters,
and to request Access to the Secret
Marketing Hackers Community:
@dandanﬂood (Twitter, FB)