O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
We are often why use a VAR- what am I paying you for? This presentation goes through the basics of how we implement Laserfiche and provide continual support above and beyond basic technical support, we make sure you understand what is possible and support you as you maximize your investment.
1) Introduction and Company Overview
• Since its inception in 2002 as MC Imaging technologies limited, ThinkDox Inc. has been
committed to providing outstanding Enterprise Content Management solutions to our
clients. We are incorporated in the Province of Ontario as ThinkDox Inc. Our recent name
change reflects our focus on providing smart, simple solutions to our clients’ document,
records and workflow management needs.
• Our Head Office is in London, Ontario. Our team is pledged to excellence, integrity,
teamwork, trust and respect and has gained a reputation for providing innovative solutions
to our clients’ complex needs.
• Many clients have relied on us to provide them with Electronic Records solutions to
reduce their costs, increase efficiencies and ensure the sustainability of services, improve
transparency and accountability, protect corporate memory and mitigate risk while
enhancing their ability to meet all legal, operational and productivity needs.
Capture all information types to ensure appropriate use
Software component Role
Laserfiche server This is the main repository, metadata management,
classification schema, access management, retention
Workflow designer Administrator tool to build and manage workflows. GUI
based does not require the ability to script
Forms Forms based GUI. Does not require the ability to write code
to style or build the form
Quick fields Scanning control component. Allows for classification of
PDFs, TIFFs from any entry point – notably scanners based
on a classification schema and template in Laserfiche server
Portal Provides access to forms and repository for web users, as
well as limited access to content for non-Laserfiche licencees
Move processes to form based approach to remove the need
Digital signatures is
part of Laserfiche for
all licensed users
many steps in the
can be approved via
The mobile app
allows secure access
to information and
Take advantage of how Laserfiche
templates and tags work
Templates can be applied to
either folders or documents
Tags can convey
information or restrict
Capture all information types to ensure appropriate use
A platform for managing all information through a single portal
Manage physical assets
Track physical assets
Retention and metadata
based link between Infolinx
A single view of all records for
disposition or eDiscovery.
Eases the path to going paperless by
providing a single application to
monitor all content.
Control access and ease findability of information by moving
access to a single platform
Laserfiche is the central home for records and documents but other
there will always be a need for a complete EIM ecosystem for you
to do your job
• Exact same feature set.
• We can provide a full
cloud version as a
certified Cloud Solution
• Through our
we can provide a
version that is
Implementation plan overview
A typical ThinkDox EDMS implementation takes less than 12 months until
go live (end of Phase 3 as detailed below).
• Go Live is defined as the earliest possible point when the system can be used by
Each phase has three critical sub steps;
1. Phase planning
2. Information management strategy
3. Technical implementation or customization.
NOTE: Each phase is dependent on the successful completion of the previous
phase deliverables, as defined by the phase title.
Training and go
Overall project management
Final IM strategy
Completion of the
1 42 3
Group based increase in # of users in the system.
IT Admins Dept based rollout
Stage gates for progression of implementation
1 2 30
Implementation support and training
Project management and communication
As part of every phase the ThinkDox project manager (Chris Wynder) will be on site for a kick-off meeting to plan the
Review of readiness for the phase, any issues or conflicting projects that Runnymede has that ThinkDox should be aware
of with regards to resources or time for the DMS project.
Identifying specific goals for the phase, identifying task owners and task deadlines.
Co-ordination of Runnymede technical staff and ThinkDox solution engineers to ensure the right mix of remote and on-
site support and training are achieved.
Deployment and technical support
ThinkDox’s IT designate will be responsible for the technical aspect of the initial roll out as outlined in implementation
plan (all steps labeled Technical Implementation).
He will take part in Project meetings and act as a primary resource for resolving any technical support issues that come
up during implementation.
He will also serve as the primary IT and administrative trainer for on-site user training
Train strategy and resources
Laserfiche training resources
Basic included with support costs:
• Online self administered training materials through the Laserfiche
Support Site plus the case studies, examples and manuals on the
• Laserfiche conducts regularly scheduled Webinars covering a variety of
topics that are accessible by all customers.
• As part of the implementation process we will build out the
documentation and descriptions that Runnymede needs to manage
normal operations of their Laserfiche system.
Additional training overview
Laserfiche training Webinars
• ThinkDox Inc. will ensure that Runnymede’s Laserfiche Administrators (IT
Specialist, Records Manager, main Department Manager responsible for
making changes to right assignments in repository, etc.) are completely
comfortable with our software including any and all customization upgrades
that may be required.
• Additional online learning is available through Laserfiche’s Certified
Professional Program. This program provides a way to enhance skills for
power users and ensure the system is maximized.
• Formal system administrator training will be done using Runnymeade’s
Laserfiche system and will be lead by our implementation team.
Segmented training con’t
• Whenever possible, end users (anyone needing access to Laserfiche
including the Administrators) are put into training groups according to their
role within the system so that training sessions can be more focused.
• We prefer to train users in actual scenarios that are relevant to how they will
use the system. The goal is to have a small group of well trained users
whom can provide general “colleague” support.
• For example, as we build workflows and processes for specific departments
part of the goal will be to train the pilot groups to act as super users. The
power users will also become a source for build a more general FAQ and
visual SOP that can provide basic understanding in the language of the
• ThinkDox Inc is proud to offer fast, reliable support for all of our customers, regardless of the situation they may be in. We have a toll free number
connected to our support desk, so clients can talk immediately with a support representative. Customers can also email or call a support representative
directly by cell phone. We are here to take care of any problems that may occur.
• We can usually fix most problems over the phone, or via e-mail or remote access. If needed, on-site support is available as well. We recommend that all
users with questions or problems also take advantage of the Laserfiche support website, where they can get access to the Laserfiche Knowledge Base,
FAQ’s, White Papers, product information, the new Answers section and much more. https://support.laserfiche.com/
• All problems and bugs that are reported to our support staff will be immediately forwarded on to the Laserfiche Head Office where they can track it and
develop a fix if one is needed.
Laserfiche Software Assurance Plan (LSAP)
• Laserfiche systems undergo continual customer-driven enhancements, and Laserfiche engineers leverage advancements in hardware and software to best
serve customer needs. Periodic new releases and updates are necessary to deliver these improvements to customers. Annual Support helps subscribers
preserve existing investments by providing 100% credit for software upgrades
• Annual Support subscribers also receive free 24-hour FTP access to new Laserfiche releases as well as updated drivers. Laserfiche routinely issues new
releases and updates every year. Running the most current version of your ECM guarantees the best possible system performance.
• Most minor patches can be done by your administrator or we can remote in and apply them for you. Major releases of Laserfiche can be done remotely
as well but will depend if additional training is required and if multiple workstations need to be updated.
• Annual Support subscribers also receive telephone and e-mail support at no additional charge. Anyone at the County can contact our support; however
we like to set up a support plan with your team ahead of time. We find it makes more sense for end users to contact your support team first, and if you
cannot help them we can be contacted by yourself or the end user.
Additional services and products
In House Paper, Microfiche and Microfilm conversion:
• ThinkDox Inc is pleased to offer our own secure conversion backfilling
and document conversion facility. Our employees have gone through
extensive training in the conversion and indexing of a wide range of
critically important, confidential and sensitive information.
Advice and project management for Office 365, Archiving and
• We have provided guidance to organizations planning to move their
email, shared files and instant messaging to hosted and cloud services.
• We can also provide governance advice on managing websites and
customer engagement processes for websites and social.
Multiple service offerings
Workshops Clinics Consulting/Teaching
Provides peer support and
management training through
These are designed to be both
networking events and skills
Typically industry focused on
process or technology
Provides planning advice,
technology review customized
Private, focused problem
Designed to provide a plan for
solving a problem as well as the
processes for development.
Provides project management
and an extra pair of hands to
get past issues when you have
Long term, traditional