Note from Maria Pafioli, CVexperts speaker:
"I presented particular techniques on how to design and build an effective CV for the students and graduates of the Department of Informatics. When it comes to jobs in the IT sector there is a certain format that will make sure your CV is picked up by a prospective employer. We talked about the particular Format - Technical Table (technologies you know) - Experience - Achievements - Hobbies/Interests (do not leave these out because they can provide some discussion points with your interviewers and give them a better feel for your personality - however they should be presented in the end of the CV very shortly).
Extra tips when preparing your CV:
- Your CV can be up to 2 pages in length.
- Take your time when preparing your CV.
- If there are any gaps in your CV give a brief explanation why (Traveling for a year, maternity leave etc) and be prepared to back everything up when being interviewed.
- Include online project portfolio or project showcase. In case you do not have it, prepare one.
After preparing your CV you should ask yourself:
- Does my CV look clear, neat and concise?
- Are there any spelling mistakes?
- Is my CV a close match to the job description?
- How does someone feel reading my CV?
- And finally, would I give myself the job?