O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Our school is located in Asturias
on the North coast of Spain,
in the city of Gijón.
Atalía is an Infant and Primary School.
• It is a Bilingual school English-Spanish.
• The school has got 440 students.
• It is located in the area of Moreda-Natohoyo in Gijón.
• The school’s website:
The number of students on roll is 440
– Infants (3 to 5): 140
– Primary (6 to 12): 300
• Number of students in each class:
– Infants: 23
– Primary: 25
Staff must be available from 9.00 till 15.00
• School time goes from 9.00 to 14.00
• From 14.00 to 15.00 teachers attend to meetings, receive
parents and plan their lessons.
• There is a canteen for children to have breakfast
and/or lunch. Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 9:00 and lunch
is served from 14:00 to 16:00.
• After 16.00 there are different clubs held in the
School (sports, chess, dance, etc.)
• We are one of the few schools belonging to the
Ministry of Education in Spain / British Council bilingual
• This programme was initiated in 1996.
• The programme is now well established. It continues in
The final aim of the project is to provide children
from the age of three to the age of sixteen with
a bilingual, bicultural education through an
integrated Spanish/English curriculum based on:
– The Spanish National Curriculum
– The National Curriculum from England
• Infants receive 8 of their 25 sessions in English. The acquisition of
language, number skills, literacy skills and science skills both in
Spanish or English is largely achieved through a topic-based
• Primary: the three areas which are taught in English
and in which targets must be reached are:
– Language and Literacy (4 sessions)
– Science, Geography and History (4 sessions)
– Art and Design (1 or 2 sessions)
There 35 teachers in Atalía School who come from different
•Spanish teachers who teach the Spanish part of the curriculum.
•Spanish teachers who teach the English part of the curriculum.
•English native speaker teachers who teach the English part of
• “Run, Jump, Learn” ERASMUS + PROJECT
• Mill Creek School (Edmonton, Canada) Twinning
• INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (I.C.T.)
• SCHOOL LIBRARY: READING ENCOURAGMENT
• AFTERSCHOOL CLUBS
• HEALTH EDUCATION
• There is a very active Parents Association in the school.
• Parents Association helps organizing afterschool
clubs for children and festival celebrations.
• There is an English club for parents.