Anything you call another person. Including groups or a
A stereotype is used to catergorize a group of people. People
don't understand that type of person, so they put them into
classiﬁcations, thinking that everyone who is that needs to be
like that, or anyone who acts like their classiﬁcations is one.
Stereotype for Goths are black clothes, black makeup,
depressed, hated by society.
2. • Collect your sticky note (with a label written on it) and stick it
on your forehead.
• You are not allowed to look at your label or tell anyone what
their label is until the end of the exercise.
• Walk around the classroom for 5 minutes and pretend you
have just arrived at a party this Saturday night. Treat each
other according to the label on the person’s forehead.
3. How did you feel?
How did you feel to be wrongly labelled?
Are you wrongly labelled anywhere in your life?
Does this happen at school?
7. Write a list of words that describe the qualities of the
people in this class
9. Create a table with two columns. List the labels you
are given on one side and the qualities that reﬂect who
you really are on the other side. These might be the
labels you would like to be given.
Stand up and share from your list one label you
don’t want anymore and three qualities that
reﬂect who you really are.