2. What are music video institutions?
• Music video institutions are companies who
help produce and fund music videos
• In this PowerPoint, I will be discussing the
following music video institutions:
• EMI Music
• Sony Music
• Universal Music Group
• Warner Music Group
3. EMI Music
• EMI Music is one of the world’s leading music
• Through their own companies and network of
licensees, EMI are able to serve artists, consumers and
partners all over the world.
• Artists that are signed to EMI include: Lily Allen, Bat For
Lashes, The Beatles, Beastie Boys, Gorrilaz, Iron
Maiden, Katy Perry, Pink Floyd, Snoop Dogg, Robbie
• EMI have seamless access to an expanding range of
revenue streams and business models including: sales,
press and promotion, marketing, licensing, synch,
brand partnerships, live recordings and merchandising.
4. Sony Music
• Sony Music Entertainment Inc., provides music labels and
recordings of artists and international superstars.
• The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in
• It offers hip-hop, country, classical, gospel, pop and rock
archival recordings and labels.
• Sony’s artist’s include: Avril Lavigne, Beyonce, Britney
Spears, Chris Brown, Foo Fighters, Pitbull, Foster The
• Sony Music has a worldwide distribution access for music
artists who want to be well-known around the globe,
consisting of artists promoting their music around the
5. Universal Music Group
• UMG is the worlds largest music content company with
market leading positions, in recorded music, music
publishing and merchandising.
• The recorded music business discovers and develops
recording artists and then markets and promotes their
music across a wide array of formats and platforms.
• Artists signed to UMG include: Akon, Justin Bieber,
Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Cheryl Cole, Adele, Duffy,
Mumford and Sons etc…
• UMG are the leaders in both International and local
6. Warner Music Group
• For it’s wide list of new stars and legendary artists, Warner
Music Group is the home to a collection of the best known
record labels in the music industry. They have a catalogue
of more than 1 million copyrights worldwide.
• WMG comprises an array of businesses aimed at helping
artists achieve long-term creative and financial success by
providing consumers with the highest quality music content
• Artists include: James Blunt, Paramore, Kid Rock, Plan B,
Estelle, Bruno Mars etc…
• These artists have become extremely successful through
the guidance of Warner Music Group, having published
their music to a worldwide audience.