Lease Administrator at Virtuous Retail em Virtuous Retail
25 de Nov de 2014•0 gostou•70,709 visualizações
1 de 40
Banking Services (7 P's Included)
25 de Nov de 2014•0 gostou•70,709 visualizações
Baixar para ler offline
Services Marketing has different service sectors. And Banking is one of them. This is a presentation which includes all the necessary information about a banking service and the extended marketing mix, i.e. 7 P's.
• The term bank is either derived from old Italian word banca or from a French
word banque both mean a Bench or money exchange table.
• A bank is a financial institution and a financial intermediary that
accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities, either directly
or through capital market. A bank connects customers with capital deficits to
customers with capital surpluses.
3. HISTORY OF BANKING IN INDIA
• The first bank in India was established in 1786. From 1786 till today it has gone through
three distinct phases.
• PHASE 1
Early phase from 1786 to 1969 of Indian banks.
• PHASE 2
Nationalization of Indian Banks and up to 1991 prior to Indian banking sector Reforms.
• PHASE 3
New phase of Indian Banking system with the advent of Indian Financial & Banking
Sector Reforms after 1991. 3
Section 5 (b) of the Banking Regulation Act 1949 defines “Banking” as
• “Accepting for the purpose of lending and investment, deposits of money from the
public repayable on demand or otherwise and withdraw able by cheque, draft,
order or otherwise.”
In simple words, Banking can be defined as the business activity of accepting and
safeguarding money owned by other individuals and entities, and then lending out
this money in order to earn a profit.
5. Contribution towards GDP of India
• The total bank deposits increased from Rs. 9.1 billion($960 million) in 1970-71
to Rs. 8309.22 billion ($620 billion) in 2009-10. Current deposit is Rs.
67504.54 billion($1.1 trillion).
• There are total 151 commercial banks in India by 2013 with total of 1,09,811
number of branches.
• It contributes INR 243294 Cr. to India’s GDP.
• Service sector contribution is 57.3% to India's economy. And out of this 57.3%,
banking sector contributes 80%.
8. Marketing Mix
• PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
9. State Bank of India
• Founded on 2nd July 1806 as Bank of Calcutta. Bank of Madras merged into the other two
"presidency banks" in British India, Bank of Calcutta and Bank of Bombay, to form the Imperial
Bank of India, which in turn became the State Bank of India.
• Government of India owned the Imperial Bank of India in 1955, with Reserve
Bank of India (India's Central Bank) taking a 60% stake, and renamed it the
State Bank of India.
• State Bank of India (SBI) is an Indian multinational, Public Sector banking, and
financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in
• As of December 2013, it had assets of US$388 billion and 17,000 branches, including 190 foreign
offices, making it the largest banking and financial services company in India.
For opening a Savings Bank
Get the Token number and wait for our turn.
Approach the counter and ask details for opening
an savings account.
The operator gives a form to be filled and asks us
to get the required documents.
He then verifies the documents and request us
to wait for further confirmation.
Makes a confirmation, take signatures and then
our account is opened.
Finally ask us to deposit initial amount to start
the savings account.
26. • Financial Reports- The Company’s financial reports issued to the customers.
• Tangibles- Pens, Writing Pads to the internal customers.
Passbook and Cheque books to the customers.
• Punch lines- “With You All the Way“ - SBI, "Hum Hai Naa”- ICICI,
“World’s Local Bank” – HSBC
• Employee’s Dress Code
27. ICICI BANK
ICICI Bank was established by the Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
(ICICI), an Indian financial institution, as a wholly owned subsidiary in 1994. The parent company
was formed in 1955 as a joint-venture of theWorld Bank, India's public-sector banks and public-sector
insurance companies to provide project financing to Indian industry.
In the 1990s, ICICI transformed its business from a development financial institution offering only
project finance to a diversified financial services group, offering a wide variety of products and
services, both directly and through a number of subsidiaries and affiliates like ICICI Bank. In 1999,
ICICI become the first Indian company and the first bank or financial institution from non-Japan Asia
to be listed on the NYSE.
ICICI Bank is India's largest private sector bank with total assets of Rs. 5,946.42 billion (US$ 99
billion) at March 31, 2014 and profit after tax Rs. 98.10 billion (US$ 1,637 million) for the year
ended March 31, 2014. ICICI Bank currently has a network of 3,820 Branches and 11,798 ATM's
• In 2000, ICICI Bank became the first Indian bank to list on the New York Stock
Exchange with its five million American depository shares issue generating a
demand book 13 times the offer size.
• In September 2013, ICICI Bank launched a one of its kind app on
Facebook 'Pockets by ICICI Bank' to enable customers to carry out a wide range
of financial transactions on Facebook. Customers can access the ICICI Bank app
by logging into their Facebook account and then going to the official ICICI Bank
Facebook page, and clicking on the tab for Pockets by ICICI Bank.
• ICICI Bank bags the "Best bank in SME financing (Private Sector)" at the Dun &
Bradstreet Banking awards.
• Life Insurance
• Health Insurance
• Complete Health Insurance Policy
• Health Care Plus
• Personal Protect Insurance Policy
• Home Insurance
• Car Insurance
• Two Wheeler Insurance
• Mobile Banking, Internet Banking
39. Target People
• Banks target all age group of people between 10-59, 60 and above.
• Child’s savings account can be opened by their parents, for studies & other
• Scheme for students availing ‘‘Student’s Account” i.e. whose minimum balance is
• And other various schemes and plans for adults and old people.