Simple term that refers to
online space that you can
use to store your data.
Another way for keeping
a backup of your files.
4. • Is a model of networked enterprise storage.
• Data stored in virtualized pool which hosted by third
• Hosting companies operate large data centre.
• People have to buy or lease storage capacity from the
• The data may span across multiple servers and multiple
5. • Files-hosting service
• Internet hosting service specifically designed to host user
• It allows users to upload files that could then be accessed
over the internet from a different computer, tablet, smart
phone or other networked device, by the same user or
possibly by other users, after a password or other
authentication is provided.
7. • Invented by Joseph Robnett Licklider in the 1960s
• He refers to a cloud “ that does all the heavy thinking for
everybody” in this book “sirens of titan” published
• In the sixties, it has been slowly developing, until the
nineties with the appearance of Web 2.0 .
• Some cloud
are free of
• The cost is
hard drives or
backup tapes for
backing up data.
• Can open the
the data in
• It’s invisible,
doesn’t take up
10. Have the risk of unauthorized physical access to the
Is a rich resource for both hackers and national
Opssible for other customers to access your data when
sharing storage and network with manyother users.
For average user of the computer and internet, the cost
may outweigh its benefits.
11. • Target: public
• Information: opinion on cloud storage