2. • Frederick Irving Herzberg: April 18th 1923 January 19th 2000 in Massachusetts.
• He was an American psychologist.
• One of the most influential names in business
management for introducing:
The Motivator-Hygiene theory.
3. • Graduation-City College in 1946.
• Post-graduation-University of Pittsburgh .
• Professor of psychology-Case Western Reserve
University in Cleveland.
• Professor of management-University of Utah
(College of business).
4. • "One More Time, How Do You Motivate
Employees?" -1.2 million reprints by 1987.
The most requested article from the Harvard
• Herzberg attended City College of New
York, but left part way-to enlist in the army.
• As a patrol sergeant, he was a firsthand
witness of the Dachau concentration camp.
5. • Herzberg proposed the Motivation-Hygiene
Theory, also known as the Two factor theory
(1959) of job satisfaction.
• According to his theory, people are influenced
by two sets of factors: