2. First Idea
• The first idea for my advertising campaign will be very
similar to the one used by Cilit bang.
• The synopsis for this advert is Barry Scott enters a
consumers home to sell his product: Cilit Bang.
throughout the duration of the advert, he
demonstrates why it is the most capable product for
cleaning and provides examples of its use
3. 1. use of a presenter
• For a campaign like this to be successful, it
requires a very lively and active presenter. the
presenter makes these advertisements very
memorable for their personality or occasionally,
their voice and acting.
• When a character such as Barry Scott becomes
involved with a brand, they often become
synonymous with the product thus making the
brand more memorable because they can
associate a character with it
4. 2. Amplification
• Throughout the advertising of a product, an
advert such as Cilit bang will repeat their
product name several times.
• By the end of the advert, the audience will
remember the name of the product. the
product becomes more memorable because
of the repetition
5. 3. Use of colour
• An advertising campaign such as Cilit bang are famed for their use
• The colours have been greatly exaggerated which overall make the
advert more unique.
• The use of the colour pink has become strongly associated with
Cilit bang because it is used throughout all of their adverts. My
advert could take a specific colour and make it synonymous with
the brand, a specific colour used by no other brand
• In addition, the use of amplified colours makes the advert more
enjoyable to watch for the consumer because it is more lively and
bright. Colours appeal to a wide target audience, young and old
6. 4. slogan
• "Hi I'm Barry Scott" is a catchphrase that is
commonly used throughout the advertising of
Cilit Bang. similar to the use of a presenter, the
catchphrase comes synonymous from the brand.
When they hear the catch phrase, the consumer
will automatically associate it with the product.
• Overall, the desired effect of this is to make the
product more unique and it makes the brand
easier to remember
7. 5. Use of a Consumer
• A unique selling point of the advert is the actor who is
playing the consumer.
• This has been included to make the product more
desirable, it appears like a buyer of the product, an
ordinary person, is recommending the product to other
consumers, it creates the impression that one consumer is
advertising the product to other consumers.
• Buyers of the products are one likely to trust other
consumers rather than celebrities, it appears more
• If I included a consumer in our advert, the buyer is more
likely to trust their opinion. The consumer would
recommended the brand and make it more appealing
8. Link to the Video
9. Second Idea
• Synopsis: the advert which was created by Adidas follows the
journey of Pogba from a small child in a poor French town to
becoming on of the most expensive footballers in the world. The
advert features various scenes from his life and the only dialogue is
his name which is repeated several times throughout the campaign
• My campaign will be very similar to the one created by Adidas, it
will take various elements from the advert.
10. 1. Celebrity endorsement
• A famous footballer such as Pogba is particularly
used in the Adidas adverts to sell the product.
• Footballers or other celebrities are used because
they are accessible by a wide audience, they are
instantly recognised by most of the audience.
younger viewers can look up to the celebrity and
will want to imitate them.
• Celebrities can become synonymous with the
product which helps sell to the fans of the
celebrity, this appeals to fans across age groups
11. 2. Amplification.
• In the advertising campaign for Pogba and Adidas, the
advert repeats the name of the celebrity: "Pogba".
since becoming the highest paid football transfer,
Pogba has become a celebrity icon and his name has
become strongly associated with Adidas
• The repetition of Pogba's name automatically make the
audience think of Adidas.
• My advert would repeat either the celebrities name or
the product to make the brand more memorable to the
audience. It makes it more likely that the audience will
remember the brand
12. 3. Action.
• Throughout the advert, the campaign features
various examples of football related shots.
• The use of action makes the shot more dynamic,
it makes the advert more lively and enticing to
• In general, action appeals to a much younger
target audience thus the advert will use action to
target a range of age groups
13. 4. Use of symbols
• Throughout the advert, various symbols and logos are featured
such as Juventus and Manchester United.
• These symbols will help he advert appeal to football fans but more
specifically, it will help the advert appeal to Juventus or Manchester
United supporters .
• It relates the advert to football which targets a very vast audience
of football fans
• This could be done with our advert, relating the product back to a
sport therefore the advert will attract fans of that sport. It increases
the target audience and appeals to more consumers
14. 5. Repetition of Adidas products
• Throughout the duration of the advertisement, Adidas
products are seen in most scenes of Pogba's life.
• It continuously reminds the audience of the products are
trying to sell. It makes the product more memorable to the
audience by reminding them in almost every frame of the
product they are trying to sell.
• Some of the Adidas products featured included boots,
football kits, footballs, trainers and football clubs (Juventus
and Manchester United)
• Our advert will try to get as much of the product in shot to
encourage the audience to buy our products, it gives the
brand more exposure
15. Link to the Video
16. Third Idea
• Dior Sauvage synopsis: the advert begins with a birds eye view of the city, the
advert follows the life of Johnny Depp from his apartment to when he drives to he
desert. Various animals such as a wolf are featured for symbolic purposes. Depp
makes it to the desert where he proceeds to dig in a specific location. It is left
ambiguous to the audience what he finds
• My campaign will involve elements from the advert
17. 1. Celebrity endorsement
• In the advert created by Dior Sauvage, they use Johnny Depp to
sell their product.
• His name is easily recognised by most people and is a household
name. prior to the advert, Depp had a very large following and fan
base who will likely be attracted to the advert because Depp
features as the leading role.
• His appearance will also promote the product to a much wider
audience, his involvement will makes audiences or fans of his work
more aware of the product he is advertising
• Our advertising campaign will use a celebrity, preferably a well
known celebrity to bolster sales. The celebrity we use will have a
large following to attract more consumers to the brand, it will sell to
a wider target audience
18. 2. Dynamic shots
• The advert features range of shots from close
ups to extreme wide shots which pan over the
• The range of shots keeps the advert
interesting. the use of dynamic shots add
variety and keeps the audience entertained,
this concept will be applied to my advert to
ensure the audience are not bored whilst
19. 3. Use of colour
• Throughout the duration of the advert, it only uses darker tones to
reflect the story of the advert.
• It adds a much darker and overall more dismal atmosphere to the
story, the audience will understand this from the use the dark filter.
it makes the audience take the product more seriously.
• In addition, the use of dark tones in an advert are very rare
therefore, it makes the ad more unique and memorable. The use of
other dark tones in other media products may make the audience
think of this advert
• If we were creating a darker advert, then we would also edit it to
have much darker tones. Overall, this reflects the desired tone of
the advert. It symbolises the tone and creates a much darker effect
20. 4. Music.
• The soundtrack is a slow, heavy guitar. Similar to the
use of colour, the music is used to reflect the desired
tone of the advert.
• The specific music used creates the darker tone that
the advert is aiming for, it makes the audience take the
advert more seriously. in addition, the use of music
makes the ad more memorable. hearing the song will
make the audience automatically think of Dior Sauvage
therefore it helps sell more products to the consumer
• Our advert will use music to reflect the tone of the ad,
in addition it will also be used to become synonymous
with the brand
21. 5. Narrative
• The inclusion of a narrative makes the advert appear more
interesting to the audience.
• The consumer will watch the ad waiting for the advert to
resolve, they are waiting for the conclusion to the story.
this follows the equilibrium theory.
• The audience will pay much closer attention to the advert
to find out how the story resolves, they will paying close
attention to it therefore, the consumer is paying a lot of
attention to the product being sold. therefore making the
product more memorable to the buyer
• Overall, our advert will feature a story or a narrative. It will
incorporate this feature from the Dior advert
22. Link to the video