• A uniform set of rules that enable two
devices to connect and transmit data to one
• Protocols determine how data are
transmitted between computing devices and
over the networks.
TYPES OF PROTOCOLS
TCP / IP (TRANSMISSION
CONTROL PROTOCOLS / INTERNET
SMTP (SIMPLE MAIL
DEFINE OF TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Transmission control protocol(TCP) and Internet
protocol(IP) are two distinct network protocol.
TCP and IP are so commonly use together.
TCP/IP reference forTCP or Internet protocol.
It was first test in early 1980 on ARPANET.
TCP is connection oriented protocol.
IP is connection less protocol.
TCP less a connection on both and currently
reliable delivery of the full message sent.
DEFINE HTTP PROTOCOL
HTTP (HYPERTEXTTRANFER PROTOCOL) –
The HTTP provides a standard for web browser
and server to communicate.
The HTTP is a technical specification of a
network protocol that software must implement.
HTTP is an application layer network protocol
built on the top of TCP.
HTTP clients(such as web browser) and server
communicate via HTTP request and response
DEFINE FTP PROTOCOL
F.T.P( FILETRANSFER PROTOCOL) -
* The FTP service allows are internet user to
move a file from one computer to another
* A files may contain any type of digital
information such as – text, images,
documents, movies, sounds, software etc.
DEFINE SMTP PROTOCOL
SMTP(SIMPLE MAILTRANSFER PROTOCOL)
SMTP is used for the transfer E-mail
• It is aTCP/IP protocol that specifies how
computer exchange an electronic mail.
• It works with post office protocol(POP)
* This layer is the top level layer in OSI model.
* The top layer define the language and
system that program use to communicate
with other program use communicate with
* This layer are opening and closing reading
and writing sides transforming side and
e-mail message execute remote.
NETWORK LAYER –
• Network layer establishes the root between the
sending and receiving station .
• The unit data at the network layer is called a
• Network layer is responsible for translating
logical address or names in to physical layer.
• The main device found at the network layer is