O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A class in business. And entrepreneurship.
November 28, 2016
Jen van der Meer
Extra love from Tom Igoe
And the Leslie E-Lab
+ The Purpose
FOR THE FINAL
• Pitch + Lessons Learned
• Lessons Learned: 7-10 minutes
• Where did you start, where did you go, how did you make
decisions along the way?
• Beginning Canvas, end of semester canvas
• Go/No Go? Continue?
• Pitch: 5-7 minutes See slide 21 for “long form pitch:
• Pitch as if you were asking for money from a benevolent angel
Stories are how we think. They are how we make
meaning in life. Stories are how we make things work,
how we make decisions, how we persuade others, how
we understand our place in the world, create identities,
and define and teach social values.
Dr. Pamela Rutledge
STORIES + MEDIUMS
• Self intro - at an event. Hi my name is ___________ and I
• Self intro to a person you know you need to meet = elevator pitch
• Email intro to find customers
• Email to intro find partners / experts
• Email to intro to find investors
• Follow up email and ask for plus one
• Video demo
• Kickstarter / indiegogo video + demo
• Investor meeting
• Pitch day / demo day
TWO GOALS TODAY:
• Self intro - at an event. Hi my
name is ___________ and I
• Investor pitch
WHICH STORY ARE YOU
WHY DO WE HAVE A STORYLINE?
Most investors and backers believe, consciously
or subconsciously, that a founder’s motivation is
the primary driving force behind a high impact,
high growth, super successful story.
SAID INVESTORS, EVERYWHERE.
I invest in TEAM
YOU’RE ENROLLING ALL KINDS OF BACKERS
Is going to recommend
your CTO co founder
Knows an investor
you should meet
Wants to buy, now
and feature on his 6
QUICK INDIVIDUAL STORY.
HI I’M ________.
I’M WORKING ON
TRY TO CONNECT
YOURSELF TO YOUR
1 / Intro - teaser.
2 / Longer form - with more
INVEST PROCESS: X 50-100
Intro email +
Response - would like
to know more
Follow up long
In or out then
LONG FORM - ORDER UP TO YOU…
• Pain (problem you are solving)
• Solution (demo, screenshots, workflow, rendering)
• Secret sauce (why you and only you and your technology
/ intellectual property)
• Market size (current potential, or targeted micro market)
• Competition (how you’re different)
• You: (why you / your team)
• Team: (who else you’ve roped in)
• Business Model: (show your theory for how you’ll make
money, even if the answer is none at the start)
• Financials/ Key metrics: (show off how you are making
money, or the metrics you’ll use to validate your path
• Timeline and use of funds: (show off how you’ve been
using your money wisely, and how you will achieve great
things with additional funds)
• Pain (problem you are solving)
• Solution (demo, screenshots, workflow, rendering
• Secret sauce (why you and only you and your
technology / intellectual property)
• Market size (current potential, or targeted micro
• Team: (why you / your team)
• Business Model: (show your theory for how you’ll
make money, even if the answer is none at the