O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
This session focuses on a key problem many businesses face: recruiting and selecting the right talent to drive their goals and overall strategy. During this session I provided a 101 and 201 level overview of recruiting methods, tools, and technology. In addition, we looked at selection and how to do it well.
This is a session in the NASHRM/Huntsville Chamber of Commerce HR Series.
Session two focuses on employee retention: https://www.slideshare.net/beneubanks/how-to-retain-your-workforce-nashrmhuntsville-chamber-hr-series
● SHRM research:
– 77% of orgs using social recruiting
– 20% of orgs using for screening (truth?)
● What about you?
● The unspoken problem
● Boolean search is not social media, but you
search social data
● Type “ben eubanks” site:linkedin.com and
you can see my profile, even if we’re not
● Now try it for one of your hard to fill openings
● CVfox.com will also do this
• Video interviewing
• Recruiter marketplaces
• Social referrals
• Search the open web
Can you answer this question every candidate
wants to know (preferably before they even
Why would I want to work for you?
• Where do your stars come from?
• What about specific roles? Where do you
• Have a unique job? Find someone doing it
and quiz them on buzzwords, industry terms,
etc. to include in a job posting.
Mario is a senior UH-60M instructor pilot and
far exceeds the performance of other staff
pilots in his peer group. His manager comes to
you asking for “another Mario.” This is your first
time recruiting for one of these positions. How
do you proceed?
Pro Tip: Measure and Revise
• Do you know what source drives more
• Which source provides the best quality
• How are you recruiting differently today than
you did last year?
The “Achiever Pattern”
● A track record of promotions
● Being assigned the more challenging tasks compared to the person’s
● Volunteering for projects no one else wants, and/or those that
accelerate the person's growth
● Being rewarded in some unique way, e.g., bigger bonus, earlier raise,
special recognition, assigned to high potential group, or awarded prize
Credit: Lou Adler