O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Versatile, sustainably-sourced menswear
Kit Culture is a digitally native menswear startup producing accessible,
stylish apparel that combines versatility with sustainability and ethical
Today’s young professional male cares more about fashion and is more
invested in the brands he chooses from a mission statement, design and
The fashion industry is ill-equipped to respond to these trends because it is
currently split between fast fashion on one end and mid to high-end brands
that are trapped in the old seasonal, wholesale fashion model.
Fast Fashion Brands
• Examples: H&M, Zara,
• Pros: Responsive product
selection; low price
• Cons: Poor quality; Complex
supply chain and
questionable labor and
Mid to High Price Brands
• Examples: J. Crew, Gap,
• Pros: Brand recognition,
• Cons: Reliant on discounting
and seasonal wholesale
model, nothing authentic or
relatable about their
Menswear startups that have tackled these problems thus far focus too much
on business model disruption and not enough on product differentiation,
ethics and sustainability. But startups in other categories have successfully
implemented our approach, which we believe is better positioned for long-
• Examples: Bonobos, Mack
• Pros: successful e-
innovative customer service
• Cons: Undifferentiated
product, lack of
statement, easily copied.
Proof of Concept
• Examples: Allbirds,
• Pros: Sustainably-sourced
product, loyal customers,
products that tell stories
• Cons: Potential limitations
on scalability beyond core
Sustainability plus Accessibility
• Sustainability and local manufacturing is a core principle of the
brand, which insulates us from competition from large brands.
• By designing accessible and relatively affordable products, we will
avoid being a niche “craft” brand targeting only higher-income
Great Products Tell Great Stories
• By building anticipation around single product launches, we will
keep customers consistently engaged and gauge demand before
• By creating interesting and compelling products, we can tell
interesting and compelling stories about our process as opposed to
expensive lifestyle or celebrity marketing campaigns.
• Company founded in 2015
• $25k in sales with a single founder.
operating out of a garage and a limited
• Business model has evolved based on
learning thus far.
• 12,000 plus followers and subscribers
across social and email subscribers.
• Customers all over the U.S.—not limited
to Los Angeles or coastal areas.
Primary Acquisition Channel is through Digital Advertising and Email
FORECAST CUSTOMER ACQUISITION MODEL
COGS Customer Acquisition Cost Customer Lifetime Value Gross Margin
Test new product
Raise $50k in
• 8 years as a M&A attorney at Hughes
Hubbard & Reed LLP
• J.D. from Boston University; B.A. from Dartmouth College
• Runs all areas of business, from design
to marketing to business development.
• Passionate about design and the outdoors.