O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
LEARNING INTENTIONS (WHAT YOU
NEED TO KNOW AND BE ABLE TO DO)
• Outline the benefits of effective communication
• Explain the relationship between effective
communication and achieving business objectives
COMMUNICATION AND ITS
RELATIONSHIP TO BUSINESS
OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGY
• KEY CONCEPT
• Effective communication is crucial to achieving
DEFINATION OF COMMUNICATION
• Communication is a basic process involving the
exchange of information. A sender will pass a
message to another individual (a receiver), who is
expected to understand it.
• Effective communication occurs when the message
received and understood is the same as the sender
intended the message to be.
• The best way to make sure that there has been no
breakdown in communication is to seek feedback;
that is, the sender should check with the receiver
that the message has been relayed accurately.
WHY COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS IS
• customers start to identify with a business and the
products or services it offers, leading to increased sales
• suppliers are more likely to supply stock on time,
enabling the business to meet its production targets
• shareholders become increasingly confident of the
business plan and future performance
• the community develops a positive image of the
ESSENTIAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES
• Learning Activity 1 - Test your understanding and
• Questions 1-6 on page 263
• Learning Activity 2 - A solar eclipse
• Read case study on page 264 and answer