1. Organizational Behavior
The case study
“Morale gone bust”
BY :- GROUP 2
2. How would the knowledge of OB help describe these
sudden happenings in the life of Dinesh….????
“OB is directly
concerned with the
predicting and Control
of human behavior in
3. Key element and its aspects
• values, attitudes, perception, and learning
• the role of personality and emotions
• motivation issues
• Ways to make teams more effective
• Communication issues and group decision making
• Leadership, trust, power, politics, conflict and
• Culture, structure, ….
4. Problems-Sudden changes in the life of dinesh
At individual level
His child turned out to be spastic child
At group level
He was been involved in scandal due to
mild flirtation with an office colleague.
At organization level
He was been ignored for the promotion
with less capable outsider by management
All these problem results into
4.Lack of self confidence
6.Lack of morale
6. As OB studies about these core topic it will help to
describe the sudden changes in the life of dinesh
The core topics:
• Work stress.
• Leader behavior and power,
• Interpersonal communication,
• Group structure and processes,
• Attitude development and perception,
• Change processes,
7. It studies three determinants of behavior
in organizations: individuals, groups, and
In addition, OB applies the knowledge
gained about individuals, groups, and the
effect of structure on behavior in order to
make organizations work more effectively.
8. Solutions as per OB
For boosting morale be more social.
Update the boss
Maintaining the relationship
Show Loyalty toward company
Demonstrate That You Care about the
Avoid Flying Solo.
9. What should Dinesh do..???
Gather knowledge about the problems
Improved communication among colleagues
and with the management
Plan for life in advance
Maintaining good working relationship
Build social support network