SW W N OW OB
NUTRITIONAL STATUS 15-16 (SECONDARY)
SW W N OW OB
Baseline Endline Column1
School-Based Feeding Program
• SBFP2015-2016 is continuously done until August 25, 2016
• Only GUBANG ES & TOMAS SAGUNES completed the 120-days of feeding
at their own expense.
• Endline Nutritional Status of the recipients are yet to be taken.
• Schools in rural barangays are doing it even on Saturdays and sundays
without claiming leave credits.
SBFP 2015-2016 STATUS REPORT
• On-going: 37/40
• Expected date to finish: August 25, 2016
• Reason of cut 120 days of feeding: 2nd tranche of funds were
• Ways of continuing the program: Personally took out money from
their pockets or set up a fund-raising program
• PSDS, EPS, SEPS, Health Personnel are hand-in-hand monitoring the
implementation of the program
• Same recipients were fed up to this time.
• Increase the number of feeding coordinators per school to be a
• Feeding coordinators decreased the academic hours with the consent
of their principals and CID chief.
• DSWD (4Ps Coordinators) supported the program in a way of
obligating the 4Ps parent to provide service in the schools.
• We had procured agreed notes that these schools will continue the
feeding since the 2nd tranche has been already released.
• A motivating factor: Division Certificate to be given away to the
• Will provide demand letter or letter of explanation to principals who
will fail to liquidate on the agreed date. So, school heads know the
consequences of failure to submit or comply.
Program 1. Health Service Delivery
• Physical Assessment of Learners from Kinder to Secondary Students.
June-July: Kinder -897/3204(28%), Grade 1- 646/3764(17%)
• Learners who are found to be cleft lips and palates, referred to PNP
for their outreach program
• Classroom/school health talks and community assembly attended by
nurses as supported by local officials and 4Ps coordinators
• Annual Physical Examination of TPs & NTPS : FBS, Cholesterol test, X-
ray, Urinalysis, Sputum AFB and referrals were done for effective
Dental Check-Up of Teachers for SY 2015-2016
District Checked-up School Total No. of Schools
East 8 9
West 16 16
South 10 12
North 11 11
Central 3 12
Secondary 12 17
Cont. Health Service Delivery
• STRENGTHENING DEPED’S TB PREVENTION AND CONTROL PROGRAM THROUGH
ADOPTION OF THE COMPREHENSIVE AND UNIFIED POLICY ON TB CONTROL IN
THE PHILIPPINES (referral to TB-DOTS Facilities)
• TSEKAP- newly appointed teachers have to apply yet this coming sem break.
Others have enoyed the program with its agenda: HEALTH FOR ALL. THREE
FACILITIES: Pagadian City Health Office, Sta. Lucia Health Center, Zambo. Del Sur
• Regular monitoring of BP;food intake;health assistance during calamities,
jamborette, sports fest
Continuation of Health Service Delivery
• Provision of basic medicines:
1. Duavent and nebulization service
2. Fast acting antihypertensive
3. Proton pump inhibitor
6. pain relievers
7. anti-cold and cough
8. and more
• Free Dental Service to learners, parents, community people, NTPSs, and
• Joining on medical updates..
• Linking with Pagadian Doctors and Dentists
• Immunization and deworming in partnership with the DOH
(a DepED-DOH Joint Program)
• Oral- BSBF in partnership with Colgate-Palmolive Inc., provision of
toothbrushes and toothpastes to Grade I pupils
• Not yet consolidated, it will finish this Friday.
• Goods Received: Albendazole
1. School-Based Immunization
• This program of the DOH is supported by our Department of
Education from the first day of implementation to immunize the
learners of Grades I and VII. Our objective is to immunize at least
80% of Grades I and VII of the division on the appropriate vaccines
in order to provide additional protection and also to increase
awareness about protection to certain vaccine-preventable
The last day of administration of the vaccine to the learners was last October 2, 2015 with
the following results:
ENROLMENT: 3796 MCV2 =3640 96%
TD =3645 96%
Enrolment: 3857 MR =3479 90%
TD =3490 90%
2. Sanitation and Safety
• Health Promoting Schools- toilets (World Toilet Day),Handwashing
facility (Global Handwashing Day),Monitoring of School’s safety and
injury free and its environment.
• Joining in the Earthquake and Fire Drill for sharing the first aid actions
• Community and school talk about proper waste segregation.
School Canteen Monitoring
School Canteens’ existence: primarily help to eliminate malnutrition
among school children and serve as a venue for the development of
desirable eating habit.
• The section had identified 30 both private and public schools with
canteens to be evaluated from time to time, using the division and
3. Adolescent and Youth Development Program
• NDEP- Joint Deped-Pagadian City- PNP Pagadian City Advocacy
Program presenting the ill-effects of illegal drugs, unlawful acts
and penalties, and Roles of schools and community in the anti-
illegal drug campaign.
• Sports Festival- Intramurals, District Meets, PCDAA, ZPRAA
• HIV and AIDS Awareness (prevention and control)